Foreign Instructor Endorsements

mcmanigle

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
John McManigle
So, I (think I) know that training time logged for ratings by foreign instructors "counts" (with the exception of 15 CFII for IR). But from my glance at the FARs, it looks like foreign instructors are not authorized to give tailwheel, complex, or high performance endorsements. Is that right? (Coming to that conclusion because they are authorized to endorse for "training given," but the TW/HP/complex wording is not just "training" but also "demonstrated proficiency".)

Thoughts?

I'm soon heading over to England for 6 months where a local flight club has a 182 and a Cub that could be good fun...

Last edited:
So, I (think I) know that training time logged for ratings by foreign instructors "counts"
...but only for the hours towards an FAA "training time" hours requirement. See 14 CFR 61.41(a).

(with the exception of 15 CFII for IR).
What makes you think that?

But from my glance at the FARs, it looks like foreign instructors are <b>not</b> authorized to give tailwheel, complex, or high performance endorsements. Is that right?
Correct, per 15 CFR 61.41(b). The only thing for which they can sign is training time -- no other endorsements of any kind.

Back