foreign flight planning service?

dsffdssdf

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
fff
I'm thinking of flying a seneca from Miami to Sao Paulo, Brazil. I have a lot of experience planning flights in the cont. US, and I've even done some flights to Mexico, but this is something entirely different.

The flight will be in a Seneca II, and my tentative route is KMIA -> MKJP (jamaica) -> SVMI (caracas, Venesuela) -> (not sure yet) -> SBSP (Sao Paulo)

Does anyone know of a service (or better yet a recommendation of one) that can assist me in planning this flight? I'm not looking to have someone else do all the planning, just someone to give me guidance as what forms I need to fill out, which papers to take with me, etc. Are there companies out there that offer such services? Maybe a retired airline dispatcher who wouldn't mind making a few extra bucks on the side?

I used Jeppesen. They sell you just the products you need or want. They will arrange for an English speaking handler, arrange fuel, pay for flight plans on return trip, whatever you need. I assume IFR. You need to set up your eAPIS account, make sure you have a customs sticker. A radio station license and a radio telephone operators permit are technically required by ICAO. Make sure you have somebody go over how to fill out an ICAO flight plan, it is quite different. There are some hoops to jump through. Jepp will also sell you a trip kit with charts and plates you need. Do you need data bases for your GPS? As far as routing you will have to be on airways.

Back