Foreflight waypoint altitude planning & performance

Arob16

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Arob16
Hey gang,

I have been toying around with the relatively new “per leg” altitude planning feature in Foreflight’s profile view. Essentially you can enter crossing altitudes at waypoints along your route and FF plans the vertical course accordingly. Of course, this would appear to be helpful for aircraft that have considerable performance differences by altitude (fuel planning for jets, for example). However when I change the altitudes along my route of flight, nothing changes as far as my navlog or performance planning. My navlogs still show an immediate climb to cruise, when I’ve adjusted waypoint altitudes to delay my climb through a class B area for example. Anyone have a different result? I would think foreflight’s performance engine could handle this, and it would be a feature.

I am going to reach out to their support team, but figured I would ask here too.

Adam

I think that comes with the higher priced subscription plans. To work around it, create a few profiles and choose then one that fits the majority of your route.

Back