ForeFlight updated this morning and...

I hear that NBM 4.1 should be out in a few weeks...

Ugh, nerd sniped again. So I downloaded zygrib and xygrib, but they gagged on the NBM grib files. LuckGrib was able to ingest and show them in a pretty slick UI, but only showed me visibility, not ceiling. NOAA's Weather and Climate Toolkit, along with grib_filter, was able to ingest the ceiling and visibility data. degrib can also ingest it and convert it to kml. So, it can be done...

Last edited:
Is it your understanding that NBM 4.1 might allow graphics like the original website?

4.0 had graphics for a while (see earlier in this thread); they were better than the old ones but only went out 3 days. Hopefully they'll be back in 4.1.

Yes, what I’m missing (my phone saved it as MAV/MOS graphics) is the green and yellow charts like on post #8 on this thread. They really gave you an idea and if watching far out over a number of days you could start to see trends of what was developing as well. I can’t remember how many days it went out but it was great just the way it was! Really miss it.

LAMP only goes out one day, though :(

LAMP only goes out one day, though :(

It was extended to 28 hours I believe, but yeah about a day. Ceiling forecasts out further than that aren’t very useful IMO, I don’t remember the accuracy but in some areas it seems to be wrong more than it was right. Even at 24 hours it’s often wrong.

HRRR goes out to 48 and has been pretty good to me.

I think these are temporary pages for evaluation purposes. I don't know if they will have similar images available when NBM 4.1 goes into production (in a couple years?).

Back