ForeFlight Synthetic Vision in the Mountains

write-stuff

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
write-stuff
Most people have seen ForeFlight's synthetic vision by now, but here's a fun video we shot in the mountains last week.

No, some of us haven't seen FF's SV because it's more $$$ on top over all the other extras FF expects us to pay. WingX has had this for quite some time.

No, some of us haven't seen FF's SV because it's more $$$ on top over all the other extras FF expects us to pay. WingX has had this for quite some time.

Sorry, but the guy posts a cool video about a neat feature and the first reaction is trashing the app because they expect you to pay more for an added feature? :rolleyes: There are tons of things that FF has in their base plan that WingX doesn't have (to my knowledge anyway). The % of time spent complaining about costs of these apps vs. the costs involved in the entire rest of GA is ridiculously disproportionate. Personally, I preferred Garmin Pilot, at least until they stopped supporting non-Garmin 3rd party hardware, but I digress on that. :mad:

OP, thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
OP is Russell? If so, I didn't know you were on here. I just used your ground school to prepare for my PPL written and got a 95%. Great product! My apologies for the thread drift...

Still trying to understand the real world need for synthetic vision on an IPad apart from the new bright shiny object effect.

OP is Russell? If so, I didn't know you were on here. I just used your ground school to prepare for my PPL written and got a 95%. Great product! My apologies for the thread drift...
Howdy! And congrats on a great score! - Russ

Still trying to understand the real world need for synthetic vision on an IPad apart from the new bright shiny object effect.

In IMC just gives you better situational awareness. Like having a hole in the clouds. I think it's great.

FlyQ

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hey it's Blairsville! SVT is a nice tool to have in this area in case of IIMC and for backing up the NVGs at night. A typical flight though, I never really look at it.

To misquote Mike Melville, I'm gonna velcro it to my panel. I was impressed with the fidelity and the update rate; I couldn't detect any lag.

Back