ForeFlight Sentry and customer service ...

nj-pilot

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
josh_me
I've been a pro subscriber for 3 years now, and I'm pleased with their product. Though I wish it were available for other platforms, I'm good. Normally when I email a question to their support team, it gets answered in a day or two.

I want to buy a Sentry, but they've been sold out for ~2 weeks or so. So I email their sales and support teams asking when I might expect to see it available for sale again. A week goes by, no response, so I send a follow up note. No response. It's now been two weeks - again, no response. I'm fine if they don't know or can't disclose something proprietary, but they haven't even acknowledged my email.

In those two weeks:
  • Sentry was yanked from Amazon, making Sporty's the only site to buy
  • Sentry was added back to Amazon
  • Sentry was again yanked from Amazon
  • Between July 27 - Aug 02, Sporty's site said "out of stock, will ship Aug 3"
  • Between Aug 03 - Aug 09, Sporty's site said "out of stock, will ship Aug 10"
  • Today (Aug 10), Sporty's site says "out of stock"
I guess I'll shell out the extra $200 for Stratus. Seems odd that they would ghost me.

I e-mailed them yesterday with a question and got a response within the hour. What e-mail address did you use?

Hi Josh,

Robin here. I think I found your email to us. At the moment I'm not sure how it how it fell through the cracks but I'm looking into it. You should receive a reply from us shortly. For future Support requests please email team@foreflight.com. You should immediately receive a reply with a ticket number that you can reference if a follow-up is needed. As or right now, the Sentry is again available for purchase from Amazon.

Thanks Robin - I did email to team@ (and will continue to do so). Thanks for the response and for looking into the issue.

Thank you for the additional information, Josh.

Blue skies!

Back