Foreflight route advisor

Arob16

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Arob16
Hey folks -

After updating to the latest foreflight version (I think 9.3 if I remember), I'm noticing the route advisor is returning some crazy routes for any given flight... unlike prior versions of foreflight. For example, some "ATC-cleared" routes are 100-300 of nm outside of any normal or direct routing. I understand this feature is based on real ATC cleared routes, but it just seems very odd. I'm also noticing for these same flights, the typically-cleared ATC routes are not in there any longer (i.e. the routes you will always get, regardless of what is filed). It's a bummer, I enjoyed that feature... I guess I'll wait it out to see if the data recycles. I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing this change/oddity??

Adam

Adam,

I played around with the latest version and I think they are grouping all flights on the 'routes' page. I noticed turbo prop, jet and pistons, all listed. Here is a screen shot from a quick flight from my home base KOXB (Ocean City, MD) to KAVP (Wilkes-Barre, PA.). It looks like they are still posting the most 'recent' flights.

Have to laugh at the route out to long island and then back track to AVP, that's crazy.

ff3.JPG

Adam,

I played around with the latest version and I think they are grouping all flights on the 'routes' page. I noticed turbo prop, jet and pistons, all listed. Here is a screen shot from a quick flight from my home base KOXB (Ocean City, MD) to KAVP (Wilkes-Barre, PA.). It looks like they are still posting the most 'recent' flights.

Have to laugh at the route out to long island and then back track to AVP, that's crazy.

ff3.JPG

Yes! That is a crazy route.

I guess their goal is to show recently "actual flown" routes... not necessarily what you will receive from an "actual clearance" standpoint.

Back