ForeFlight Operating Checklist

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
I put together a ForeFlight checklist to ensure I have everything configured as needed before flight. This checklist takes into account each of the most popular different kinds of external GPS units and other tips and reminders garnered from ForeFlight's blog, videos and user manuals. Feel free to share or modify as you see fit for your own use.

The attachment is in Word format so you can modify it as needed to fit YOUR requirements. I removed the "Bad Elf" section from my personal copy, and just kept the XGPS and internal GPS notes (since that's what I have), and emailed the PDF to myself. The iPad FF Preflight is now in my ForeFlight Documents section.

Attachments

• ForeFlight iPad Operating Checklist.docx
    20.1 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Thanks Troy!

I've flown a good bit with my IPad/IPhone and Foreflight, but have not even thought about developing a check list. Not a bad idea at all. Reading the checklist brought a few things to the surface that I had not previously considered.

Here's the PDF version, for those that might not own Word. I also made a couple of modifications to the Word and PDF version, so if you already downloaded a copy, get the new one. I'd forgotten to include verification that Location Services were enabled and ForeFlight configured to receive location updates.

Attachments

• ForeFlight iPad Operating Checklist.pdf
    53.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Thanks! I downloaded both and will check them out.

If I remember correctly, a few months ago there was discussion of the usefulness of a Foreflight and a WingX section here on the forums. With all the IPad discussions in the Flight Following and Pilot Training forums recently, has anyone looked into this possibility any further?

Great idea! I've had Cloud Ahoy on my iPhone for months, but with one or two exceptions, have forgotten to turn it on before takeoff. This will help! :mad2:

Hey Troy, thanks for this! You've got good jokes and good ideas! Thanks!

Wow and everyone gave me crap about my planning when I went on that XC.

Thanks, Troy, for posting this!

Wow and everyone gave me crap about my planning when I went on that XC.

Thanks, Troy, for posting this!

I planned for months for my cross country to Maine and back two years ago, flying 2 legs a day with options. Granted I did not work on it every day. Finding cheaper fuel etc.

I've already started planning my trip to Alaska later this year. I need to research customs proceedures and Canadian requirements for on board survival equipment.

Point? You can never over plan too much. We had visitors to our field today, flying right hand patterns to the left runway, not knowing the runway numbers, or which was the longest runway. They were 2 B-25s, 2 T-6s and 2 L-39s, and by the radio calls, it appeared that they had not done their flight planning.

I've been flying 38 yrs, 20 military, and I still flight plan.

Back