Foreflight on iPad mini5 + Bose = Dangerous Annoyance.

Ah, the irony. Maybe you should find out why Tim said what he did. But then that would require you to admit you didn't know something.

Like he apparently doesn't know that controllers are required to continue to give traffic until it is in sight or is no longer a factor and his cute little "got him on the box" doesn't do anything but waste their time? Time that they could have used in giving a traffic advisory to the other aircraft about him? Or perhaps talking to the several other aircraft they have on frequency to prevent them from pranging into one another?

Like he apparently doesn't know that controllers are required to continue to give traffic until it is in sight or is no longer a factor and his cute little "got him on the box" doesn't do anything but waste their time? Time that they could have used in giving a traffic advisory to the other aircraft about him? Or perhaps talking to the several other aircraft they have on frequency to prevent them from pranging into one another?
Nobody needs your advisories when they are head down looking at ADSB in.

I know this is an older post, but I've had issues with my Foreflight bluetooth notifications as well. My issue is that I get random beeps and about 20% of the time the volume bar pops up on the iPad screen and then the notifications do not play over the headset for the rest of the flight. I had tried turning off bluetooth on my phone and even leaving my phone in my hangar and that didn't help. Someone told me that if the iPad is connecting and disconnecting from the cellular network that there is the potential for an unexpected notification beep in the headset. While this seemed like it couldn't really be correct, I realized that on the flights where I had the issue, I may not have turned off the cellular service by putting it into airplane mode. Once I did that, it immediately fixed my issues. Hopefully this will give people who find this thread searching for a solution another thing to try.

Back