Foreflight Modern Pilot?

Unit74

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Unit74
I got an email today from FF advertising "Modern Pilot" . Anyone know more about it? Email was vague in my book and no link to what you really get to use/see, such as a splash page or menus for it.

Seems more like a leap of faith for $75/yr to me.

I got an email today from FF advertising "Modern Pilot" . Anyone know more about it? Email was vague in my book and no link to what you really get to use/see, such as a splash page or menus for it.

Seems more like a leap of faith for $75/yr to me.

No you got an email from Modern Flight. They appear to be some training site for people using FF>

Wow....sucker borne every moment. I just assumed it was a new product from FF. How did they get my email though? If FF is selling my info, that bothers me.

Since they are spamming and I did not get it, I guess they bought the email list from AOPA or EAA.

ForeFlight SAYS it does not sell / give / etc. customer data.

http://www.foreflight.com/about/privacy/

FTFY

Nowadays, everybody sells your personal information. It is usually covered under the sucker clause in the privacy disclosure, often worded carefully to allow sharing with "partners" or such.

If FF really does not sell personal information, I applaud them. However, how do we, lowly mortals, verify such claims?

Fuggetaboutit ... and move on.

FTFY

Nowadays, everybody sells your personal information. It is usually covered under the sucker clause in the privacy disclosure, often worded carefully to allow sharing with "partners" or such.

If FF really does not sell personal information, I applaud them. However, how do we, lowly mortals, verify such claims?

Fuggetaboutit ... and move on.

It's easy if you use gmail. let's say your email address is Lou@gmail.com. When you sign up for foreflight use Lou+Foreflight@gmail.com

All the + does is immediately tag it, and almost no one strips it off. So if Jim's Big Rigs sends you an advertisement that's tagged as foreflight, and you only gave that address to foreflight, they are the ones who sold it. I've identified multiple vendors who did this and lied about it. They've since lost my business.

I got an email too. I was in my junk mail. I hit the OK button to look at it later.

I agree that FF is making the app so complicated that it's created a market whereby people feel they need training to use it. I cautioned them about that a couple years ago, but alas....

Modern Pilot appears to be from a former ForeFlight employee, and one he remains close to the company. I emailed him for some details but got no reply.

Back