ForeFlight Model Output Statistics Change?

Fearless Tower

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fearless Tower
What happened to the MOS forecasts in ForeFlight? Used to go out 3 days and all of the sudden yesterday, everything changed to only going 24 hours out.

What’s up with that?

What happened to the MOS forecasts in ForeFlight? Used to go out 3 days and all of the sudden yesterday, everything changed to only going 24 hours out.

What’s up with that?
The future has been canceled in order to cut costs. Thanks for your understanding in this matter and have a nice day.

Noticed that, although I always found it to be somewhat unreliable longer term. The commentary tab is usually a lot better since that’s written by a human meteorologist that’s considering more than just the model and offered a good aviation forecast going several days out.

Noticed that, although I always found it to be somewhat unreliable longer term. The commentary tab is usually a lot better since that’s written by a human meteorologist that’s considering more than just the model and offered a good aviation forecast going several days out.
Sometimes it’s hit or miss, but one of the things I found it most useful for was ceiling forecasts a few days out. It was good at giving you a better idea of whether VFR was going to be doable which is pretty important when you are crossing the country in a VFR only airplane.

That's still there, albeit graphically under Imagery->GFS MOS->Ceiling Forecast.

What’s up with that?
Hi Everyone, this is a known issue and we are working with our provider to fix it. I don't have a timeline just yet, but hopefully soon.

Hi Everyone, this is a known issue and we are working with our provider to fix it. I don't have a timeline just yet, but hopefully soon.
Welcome to PoA.

Thanks for the reply, and I hope you'll continue to be a source of information here.

Back