Foreflight map updates

cowman

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cowman
I am on rural broadband with data caps so I generally go update my foreflight data when I'm someplace with free wifi. However, sometimes I have expired data and it's inconvenient to update everything before a planned flight so I just go I to the downloads section and grab everything for the state/states I'm flying in.

However, when looking up airports or looking at the map it still tells me the data is expired even while looking in a state I updated. Is foreflight giving me the current downloaded data and just warning me because the entire database isn't updated or do I actually have to download everything before it shows what is current?

I am on rural broadband with data caps so I generally go update my foreflight data when I'm someplace with free wifi. However, sometimes I have expired data and it's inconvenient to update everything before a planned flight so I just go I to the downloads section and grab everything for the state/states I'm flying in.

However, when looking up airports or looking at the map it still tells me the data is expired even while looking in a state I updated. Is foreflight giving me the current downloaded data and just warning me because the entire database isn't updated or do I actually have to download everything before it shows what is current?

Data that you view "online" but don't download (ie: Sectionals in states that you haven't chosen to download) is cached so you can view it later while offline. In the case of Maps, it's only saved for the exact area & zoom level you view, while states you select to download are saved at all zoom levels.

If you tap More > Downloads > Delete > Delete Expired, that should clear the "Expired" message. Note that you should then view the Map to make sure it can cache an up-to-date version of that area of the Chart.

- Josh

Yes basically . Scroll out the maps to the area you updated ,this should help. The icon should go away.

Back