Foreflight help

GAZOO

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
GAZOO
I have all updates on fore flight. Have a duel gps receiver. I cannot get the little plane to show up on the map as i fly. It works great on my iPhone but not my iPad. Says I'm connected but no plane. Went and bought a mini iPad last night, downloaded fore flight, took a 4 hour plane ride today and nothing. Says its paired and receiving gps signal but i don't see the airplane tracking my flight.

Any ideas??

In settings, what do you have selected in "current location marker"?

I have a Dual XGPS150A paired to my mini, but I'm using it with Xavion. Did you download the Dual GPS status app from the App Store? I like to use that when I first get in the plane, and I'm setting everything up, just to make sure I have a very solid signal.

I have all updates on fore flight. Have a duel gps receiver. I cannot get the little plane to show up on the map as i fly. It works great on my iPhone but not my iPad. Says I'm connected but no plane. Went and bought a mini iPad last night, downloaded fore flight, took a 4 hour plane ride today and nothing. Says its paired and receiving gps signal but i don't see the airplane tracking my flight.

Any ideas??
Do a hard reset - hold both buttons (round one and the square one) until the Apple logo appears, takes about 10 seconds. After it restarts it should be OK - t least that worked for me.

Does your iPad show where you are when you pull up the maps app on the ground?
No

In settings, what do you have selected in "current location marker"?
ForeFlight Airplane
I have a Dual XGPS150A paired to my mini, but I'm using it with Xavion. Did you download the Dual GPS status app from the App Store? I like to use that when I first get in the plane, and I'm setting everything up, just to make sure I have a very solid signal.
Yes

Do a hard reset - hold both buttons (round one and the square one) until the Apple logo appears, takes about 10 seconds. After it restarts it should be OK - t least that worked for me.

Did. On both ipads. Ipad mini is a day old

Curious, are the iPad and mini both data versions? (vs. wifi only versions)

Curious, are the iPad and mini both data versions? (vs. wifi only versions)

not sure what you are asking. I bought the ipad mini 64gig wifi NO cellular

Uploaded the app for the dual gps. got a blue dot on my ipad mini to flash my location but went away after 10 seconds and hasn't returned. According to the app I have a very strong signal to the gps and according to my foreflight AND iPad I am connected thru blue tooth to the duel gps

Im stumped. Their has got to be a switch or setting I am over looking. I compared my iphone (foreflight works perfect on the phone) settings to my ipad settings all are the same......HELLLLLP:mad2:

so here is what the app says for signal strenth

ipad mini.jpg

this blue dot shows up for 10 seconds then disappears

ipad blue dot.jpg

blue dot gone never to return

foreflight no dot.jpg

View attachment 29617

View attachment 29618

View attachment 29619

If it's happening on both iPads and the GPS' status app says that all systems are go then it sounds like it might be a compatibility issue with Foreflight. Have you engaged those folks at all? They're very friendly and should be able to help you troubleshoot a bit better.

Under Settings scroll down to ForeFlight, then look for "Disable Ownship" and make sure that is OFF.

Ok - 1 time offer. You free tomorrow? I'm going for either b-fast or lunch to F70. I can meet you for a reasonable amount of time near my hangar at Brackett in the am sometime.

I own a mini and an iPad 3 and Stratus and a xGPS150 and we can resolve your problems.

Make sure you have iOS6.1.1 at least installed - do NOT install iOS6.1.3 if you can avoid it.

Contact me by PM - I'm in Claremont - you look like you are in Rancho.

I had the same problem. The issue is on foreflight's blog. On your iPad, go to preferences and set location services to off. Turn the ipad all the way off by powering down. Turn the ipad back on. Turn location services back on then give it a try. It worked for me.

Off topic, but:
Did you know that if you hold down the "home" button and the "power" button for a second or two, and release them at the same time, you will hear a camera click, and you current screen shot will be saved in your default camera roll and then you can email them or copy them to your computer and post them?

View attachment 29617

View attachment 29618

View attachment 29619

But, but why???
Same question! Why not? And does that apply to Iphone and Ipad, or just Ipad?
I was just about to do that upgrade, but I will hold off.

Back