ForeFlight & Garmin Pilot: Side-by-Side - Part 1: A Real-life IFR-to-VFR Flight

wayneda40

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
waynemcc
Today, with pilot and new friend Jan, we’re departing IFR, using this opportunity to observe two of the leading aviation apps... live, side-by-side. Welcome aboard! Wayne, GeezerGeek Pilot

Today, with pilot and new friend Jan, we’re departing IFR, using this opportunity to observe two of the leading aviation apps... live, side-by-side. Welcome aboard! Wayne, GeezerGeek Pilot

When you went to Oceano I thought betcha they’re gonna chow down at ‘the diner’ and ya did.:cheerswine: Was wondering why you departed RW 7. Wind seemed good for 15

When you went to Oceano I thought betcha they’re gonna chow down at ‘the diner’ and ya did.:cheerswine: Was wondering why you departed RW 7. Wind seemed good for 15
Oceano, diner... of course! ;)
Indeed, at KSBA I'm usually departing 15L/R (and I prefer that in IMC because of the ocean ditching option)... not sure why they gave us runway 7. Good observation, and thanks for watching!
Wayne

Great format and great idea doing side by side. One suggestion: the app views are the star of the show. Why not give them most of the real estate in the screen montage, with the cockpit and windscreen shots as smaller insets? The view out the windscreen is mostly wasted space.

Great format and great idea doing side by side. One suggestion: the app views are the star of the show. Why not give them most of the real estate in the screen montage, with the cockpit and windscreen shots as smaller insets? The view out the windscreen is mostly wasted space.
Ed, thanks for watching and for the good suggestion on more real estate for the app screens! In lieu of more real estate on the current video, make sure you're watching the video in 4K... that should make all the app detail (even small text) readable. Stay tuned for Part 2 :).
Thanks,
Wayne

BTW, in hindsight, we should have captured both screens in the same orientation, either both Portrait or both Landscape.

Back