Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
BladeSlap
Evening,

What’s the best way to do this?

Looking to add flight plans and also a waypoint overlay

I have a SD card formatted to Fat16

Made the waypoints in google earth, saved as KML, converted to CSV, renamed to user.wpt

For the flight plans I want to saved into the GTN, which has no flight stream or anything like that, how do I convert the ForeFlight FPLs to, is it GFP? And load to the SD card?

I tried garmins support which was not that useful.

Thanks

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure what you’re wanting to do isn’t possible. The SD card in the GTN is only to load databases or install a FlightStream 210/510. It doesn’t work as an SD card reader in the way you’re trying to use it or as a traditional SD reader you’re used to.

To my knowledge, the only approved method to transfer flight plans from ForeFlight to the GTN or visa versa is to have the Flight Stream 210 or 510 installed in the GTN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can be done. The GTN manual states how to load a .gfp

iFlightPlanner can export a .gfp but ForeFlight can not, they are short to the races on that one.

I just use Bluetooth for flight plans. Gtn 355 if it matters.

I’ll try to remember tomorrow to load a flight plan with a user generated waypoint

Skyvector.com will save a flight plan as a Garmin .fpl file. Very easy to plan and then email a file to yourself. Assume it could be saved to an SD card and uploaded to a GTN. I've never done it that way as it's pretty easy to do flight planning on a GTN directly.

I found little nav map, guess it’s for the simulator people, but it imports and exports as almost any format, including Garmin, also
pretty nice for making detailed flight plans.

I’ll try to upload to the ship later today

https://www.littlenavmap.org/

So it worked!

Format cards to FAT16

Made waypoints in google earth, saved place as a CSV, formatted as Garmin recommended, placed on SD card
https://fly.garmin.com/fly-garmin/support/gtn-user-waypoint/

Made flights in ForeFlight exported as FPL and imported into little nav map, exported as gfp, made a folder on the card called FPL, placed in folder.

Inserted card into Garmin, went to waypoints, and imported them

went to flight plans, catalog, and imported one at a time

Powered down, swapped for the normal nav data card

Worked great

Only thing I would have done differently, make the flights in little nav map to start with.

Last edited:
So it worked!

Format cards to FAT16

Made waypoints in google earth, saved place as a CSV, formatted as Garmin recommended, placed on SD card
https://fly.garmin.com/fly-garmin/support/gtn-user-waypoint/

Made flights in ForeFlight exported as FPL and imported into little nav map, exported as gfp, made a folder on the card called FPL, placed in folder.

Inserted card into Garmin, went to waypoints, and imported them

went to flight plans, catalog, and imported one at a time

Powered down, swapped for the normal nav data card

Worked great

Only thing I would have done differently, make the flights in little nav map to start with.

That sounds like a lot of work for an already very simple and intuitive GTN650.

I’m curious, Why do all of this vs just programming the GTN650 directly?

Thanks I’m advance.

That sounds like a lot of work for an already very simple and intuitive GTN650.

I’m curious, Why do all of this vs just programming the GTN650 directly?

Thanks I’m advance.

Lots of waypoints, and I’m decent with computers?

Back