Foreflight Flight Timer

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I have it displayed at the bottom.
It does not start on its own, touching it does not start it.
Neither does double-clicking it; can find nothing in settings.
It’s probably something obvious.

it is not starting automatically
I put ‘timer’ into search box, ‘nothing found’

I have
Enable Auto Start/Stop switched on and
Enable Start/Stop Control switched off

from p160 of the 10.2 guide

ForeFlight badly needs a configurable countdown timer (ie fuel tank switches). I don’t think that would be a rocket science programming project.

I have
Enable Auto Start/Stop switched on and
Enable Start/Stop Control switched off

from p160 of the 10.2 guide

Try the opposite and see if you can manually turn it on and off. The auto is not fail safe. Mine works sometime and others not. I even had it where it didn’t stop and showed my flight track all the way home and into my bedroom!

I think you can have both on and use auto but if it doesn’t work automatically u can still turn it on off manually...

I have it displayed at the bottom.
It does not start on its own, touching it does not start it.
Neither does double-clicking it; can find nothing in settings.
It’s probably something obvious.

Hey Let'sgoflying!,

Josh here, from the ForeFlight Pilot Support Team. As long as the instrument is displayed the Flight Timer should start automatically if the app is open when you take off. In looking into it though, we found a glitch where the timer won't continue if you quit the app (or the app quits for you) in-flight. We've opened an internal engineering ticket to work on this, but I don't have a timeline on when a fix will be available.

For future reference, direct reports to team@foreflight.com are the quickest way to make us aware of issues like this, or to ask questions. Myself and a few others from ForeFlight try to keep up with forum posts, but there are so many (forums & posts!) that we don't see everything.

-Josh
ForeFlight Pilot Support Team

I think most app based flight timers start automatic once you are over 45kts.

Once I flipped that switch, it starts up fine.
I think the switches need renaming is my only suggestion - didn't seem clear what their function was. No biggie. Thanks.

Back