Foreflight approach plate question

BrianNC

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
BrianATL
Is there any way to get rid of the info strip at the bottom in FF when viewing an approach plate? And no, it isn't on in my map view. Jut pops up here for some reason.

xAqFXh1.png

OK this is weird…
I have the information turned on in my map view so it shows up there, yet it doesn’t show up when I look at a plate. I just checked.

OK this is weird…
I have the information turned on in my map view so it shows up there, yet it doesn’t show up when I look at a plate. I just checked.

Let me try it that way and see if does that too.

Nope. If I turn it on in maps it still shows on the plate.

I did notice it comes up automatically when the top menu is active for the plate. You tap it, it disappears along with the top menu and you can move the plate around. But when you tap it again to bring up the top menu, it comes back. It's annoying. Shouldn't be there at all.

I did notice it comes up automatically when the top menu is active for the plate. You tap it, it disappears along with the top menu and you can move the plate around. But when you tap it again to bring up the top menu, it comes back. It's annoying. Shouldn't be there at all.

Well, I wouldn't go that far. It can be highly useful when a plate is up - For example, if you have ground track in your HUD, you can quickly ensure that your track is the same as the track for the approach. But, it would be better if it didn't come and go, and if the plate was sized such that when the HUD is visible, it's not covering up any of the plate. I'll put in a request.

OK this is weird…

It appears that it shows up on approach plates and airport diagrams, but not SIDs and STARs. What kind of plate were you looking at?

It appears that it shows up on approach plates and airport diagrams, but not SIDs and STARs. What kind of plate were you looking at?

Same here. Approach plates and airport diagrams, but not SIDs and STARs.

I don't remember for sure, but I thought it was just an approach plate. My iPad is not with me now, so I'll look again later. Might be a difference between FF basic and pro...?

...and here I am surprised that Orlando is 100' above sea level.. wow. I had this impression that all of Florida was like +5

Well, I wouldn't go that far. It can be highly useful when a plate is up - For example, if you have ground track in your HUD, you can quickly ensure that your track is the same as the track for the approach. But, it would be better if it didn't come and go, and if the plate was sized such that when the HUD is visible, it's not covering up any of the plate. I'll put in a request.

You can put two fingers on there, resize and move it just a little to keep the entire plate in view while Instrument Panel is still up

Is there any way to get rid of the info strip at the bottom in FF when viewing an approach plate? And no, it isn't on in my map view. Jut pops up here for some reason.

xAqFXh1.png

You can toggle it on and off in Garmin Pilot, so there should be a way to turn it off in ForeFlight.

Ok I just checked again...on my iPad 3 running foreflight basic, it ONLY shows up on the map screen. I can’t make it show up on an approach plate even when I tap repeatedly.

Back