Foreflight and special charts

jkgoblue

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
John K.
If you fly around any Bravo airspace, there is usually some additional vrf chart for helicopters or special Fly Way chart as in Chicago. I can't seem to find these charts available in Foreflight. Are they hidden somewhere?

Some are, some aren't. They are usually in the Documents section. Give an example.

Being your in Sands point, I assume your looking for NY Class B TAC, It is not in Foreflight. But for others like said, if you look in documents under FAA they will be there.

This came up when I flew to Oshkosh for the first time without paper charts. As I was preparing my flight to fly under Chicago's airspace I realized the Chicago Flyway chart was not there. No heli charts either.

TAC charts are sort of there if you zoom all the way in but I was just curious about the others. The FAA section of downloads has Class B Enhancement Graphics but I personally don't find those all that useful.

Being your in Sands point, I assume your looking for NY Class B TAC, It is not in Foreflight. But for others like said, if you look in documents under FAA they will be there.

The NY TAC appears on Foreflight when you zoom in on the maps view within the lateral boundaries of the chart.

The NY TAC appears on Foreflight when you zoom in on the maps view within the lateral boundaries of the chart.

The reverse side of the TAC charts, the white and blue charts with "flyway" routes or heli routes, are not depicted in Foreflight. At least I cannot find them.

Some are, some aren't. They're additional "Documents" you must download in the Documents section of the Download list, just like the chart legends.

Example... From Foreflight... Phoenix Class Bravo...

46c4c307-fa65-2cf3.jpg

Scroll all the way down to Documents in the Download tab and read the descriptions. Some are there.

Some are, some aren't. They're additional "Documents" you must download in the Documents section of the Download list, just like the chart legends.

Example... From Foreflight... Phoenix Class Bravo...

46c4c307-fa65-2cf3.jpg

Scroll all the way down to Documents in the Download tab and read the descriptions. Some are there.

Airspace and altitude definitions, but not the flyway routes. And not all ClassB airspace is available.

`another common one that's missing...Grand Canyon...

Back