ForeFlight 9 - Track Up is here!

guess the ipad 1 is obsolete for these new foreflight versions, they need ios 5-something. Good thing I prefer north-up.

Gotta keep it simple for the engineers. Speaking of which, I noticed that the words and numbers match up with whichever way the chart is displayed. How do it know?

guess the ipad 1 is obsolete for these new foreflight versions, they need ios 5-something. Good thing I prefer north-up.

Last edited:

Nope - iPad 1 is still fully supported, for now - I'm running iOS 5.1 on my iPad 1.

New update for iPad out this morning. Looks like bug fixes only.

Nope - iPad 1 is still fully supported, for now - I'm running iOS 5.1 on my iPad 1.
how did you install it? I get no software update opportunity in the ipad setup screen. Do you have to do it through itunes ?

how did you install it? I get no software update opportunity in the ipad setup screen. Do you have to do it through itunes ?

If you're running something prior to iOS 5.0, yes you have to install it via iTunes. iOS 5 is when they added the ability to do over-the-air OS updates. If you plug the iPad into your machine and go into iTunes, it should offer you the option of installing the latest version of iOS 5.

Sadly, I don't think there'll be any more updates to iOS 5 for you to take advantage of the new over-the-air update capability!

I think I'm gonna go buy a new iPad today...

i got my wife and the gurls a mini for valentines day, but I'm satisfied with the ipad-1 for me. And now that they have their own I can delete the pages and pages of kids' games off mine

You mean I've been accepting all this free medical advice (which has always proven to be both sound and practical) from a north-up guy? Shouldn't you have disclosed this affliction at the start? ;)

You get what you pay for. The track-up advice is extra.

Wells

that was easy as pie, thanks for the tip

If you're running something prior to iOS 5.0, yes you have to install it via iTunes. iOS 5 is when they added the ability to do over-the-air OS updates. If you plug the iPad into your machine and go into iTunes, it should offer you the option of installing the latest version of iOS 5.

Sadly, I don't think there'll be any more updates to iOS 5 for you to take advantage of the new over-the-air update capability!

Back