ForeFlight 7.2 Connects to Garmin FlightStream

AWESOME! I recently installed a GDL88/FS210 and although I have grown to like Garmin Pilot but having the choice of using FF as well is great. Can't wait to try this out to see how it will work.

Smart move for them. Now if they would open up the GDL-88 to work on an Aspen, they would get my business.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smart move for them. Now if they would open up the GDL-88 to work on an Aspen, they would get my business.

Garmin plans on adding support for the MX20 and GMX200 in the GDL88 using what Garmin calls the legacy GDL90 interface. While this is not an Aspen, the Aspen and the MX20/GMX200 use the same interface. Aspen and the rest of the industry calls it the Capstone interface.

This is huge for me as I have a GTN 750 and plan a future GDL-88 implementation. I wasn't planning on installing a FlightStream because I prefer ForeFlight, but now I may go ahead and do it. This is smart of Garmin.

In other areas of compatibility... I know there are companies working on STCs to use Garmin GTNs as a WAAS position source for their non-Garmin 1090ES transponders. STCs already exist to use the 430W/530W as such. It's all good and more than needed.

Last edited:
Garmin plans on adding support for the MX20 and GMX200 in the GDL88 using what Garmin calls the legacy GDL90 interface. While this is not an Aspen, the Aspen and the MX20/GMX200 use the same interface. Aspen and the rest of the industry calls it the Capstone interface.

I like it! Thanks for the information.

Back