Foreflight 6.3 with W&B and flight path recording...

track exported to Google Earth as a KML from Monday flight....

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 54
When your landing FF switches to the runway screen automatically. This would be a good time to stop the tracking.

Well, you might want to track your taxi route as well.

I'd think allowing a setting for a particular speed would fit most people's uses. They must already track speed (as mentioned for the Hazard Advisor). So allowing the user to choose auto on/off and setting X knots as the start/stop speed when auto is turned on would likely be the most robust way to allow some people to track taxi and others only flight time, without requiring a manual start/stop.

There's already an auto-stop to the tracking - IIRC if you don't move significantly for 25 minutes it stops automatically. However, that means it does usually catch my drive home. :goofy:

We shortened that to about 3 minutes and reset the auto stop timer if we detect additional movement.

can anyone get the sharing profile (W& B ) to work?

I've tried to email the profile 2-3 times and I have not yet received any email. I've sent to myself, my wife, my gmail, etc. After i hit the send button, I hear the outgoing mail sound, but nothing is received.

can anyone get the sharing profile (W& B ) to work?

I've tried to email the profile 2-3 times and I have not yet received any email. I've sent to myself, my wife, my gmail, etc. After i hit the send button, I hear the outgoing mail sound, but nothing is received.

I just tested it and it works on my end. Maybe you're outgoing mail server is blocking it? Maybe the link in the email to import onto a device is being seen as potentially malicious?

My link looks like this:
foreflightmobile://weightandbalance/profile?fileFormatVersion=13&aircraftDigest=0c9b3af9f346056bda20776cd69792877303a4c0&aircraftDigestIndex=0

There's also a link to the App Store and a PDF attachment with details of the W&B loading.

I just tested it and it works on my end. Maybe you're outgoing mail server is blocking it? Maybe the link in the email to import onto a device is being seen as potentially malicious?

My link looks like this:
foreflightmobile://weightandbalance/profile?fileFormatVersion=13&aircraftDigest=0c9b3af9f346056bda20776cd69792877303a4c0&aircraftDigestIndex=0

There's also a link to the App Store and a PDF attachment with details of the W&B loading.

thanks for the ideas.

I've checked spam folders, and I tried to receive on multiple devices (iphone, android, ipad, desktop PC). I'll check the outgoing mail server, could be there, thanks

EDIT: fixed it. I had changed my password to my gmail account (thanks to the Russians stealing 1 billion passwords) and I had not yet updated the new p/w on my ipad settings.

Last edited:
We shortened that to about 3 minutes and reset the auto stop timer if we detect additional movement.

Holding short waiting for takeoff clearance might go longer than 3 minutes though...

Your sarcasm is misdirected. Not asking for free by any means. I have a fully paid subscription and would have found this to be a valuable addition. Instead, FF chose to offer this only to their premium customers.

This could have been a home run for FF. Instead, it left a lot of us feeling left in the cold.

If you go to buy a car and look at a base model, are you gonna curse the dealer for not giving you leather, Nav and Bose Audio for free? You get what you pay for. Want premium? Pay for it. Welcome to the real world.:yes:

They could just include everything and make the base price $150/yr.

Would that make you feel less "left out in the cold?"

Really. My excitement about the most recent version lasted about 30 seconds. I understand most of the other "pro" features but limiting W&B to a pro subscription. Come on.

That's why I bought wnbpro for just five bucks. It's easy to use and setup. Thanks, Jesse! This was not a paid endorsement!

I can understand paying for the pro version to get the geo-referenced approach plates and the associated plates on map feature, but not including functionality like W&B and hazard alerting

I know there are development costs etc - but two tier pricing for safety of flight items - that's just plain wrong.

I can understand paying for the pro version to get the geo-referenced approach plates and the associated plates on map feature, but not including functionality like W&B and hazard alerting

I know there are development costs etc - but two tier pricing for safety of flight items - that's just plain wrong.

Seriously? What did you do for W&B before FF came out with it? Were you unsafe?

I've got the pro version, and think it's the best deal in aviation today.

Totally agree. Let's Occupy Foreflight. Who's with me?

Hell, you want geo-ref plates/taxi diagrams, FltPlan Go has it for free.

They could just include everything and make the base price $150/yr.

Would that make you feel less "left out in the cold?"

$150 a year is a steal, no matter how you slice it. Those who don't think so can go back to Jepp charts from the early 90s... Uncorrected for inflation, they were still twice the cost and you had to spend hours and hours updating books.

:rolleyes2::mad2: Why is it wrong for a private business to charge for providing a service. Why do you think they owe you anything other than a good product for a fair price.

Leslie and I have been a pro user for years, even though we are VFR. As Stan said, the geo-referenced taxi diagrams alone are worth the premium. The rest is gravy. And it is a far sight cheaper than keeping paper updated.

But I think naming it "Premium" would have made more sense. I'm not a Pro but I appreciate the premium features.

35 to 150 AMUs for an aircraft spent willingly.

$150 and up to fill the tanks of with fuel, depending on tank capacity and how many gallons we are replacing. Spent willingly.

And yet we sit on this board squabbling over the price of a nice meal plus 2 drinks each at a nice restaurant with our friends or sweetheart.

Us pilots are an interesting bunch.

Last edited:
35 to 150 AMUs for an aircraft spent willingly.

$150 and up to fill the tanks of with fuel, depending on tank capacity and how many gallons we are replacing. Spent willingly.

And yet we sit on this board squabbling over the price of a nice meal plus 2 drinks each at a nice restaurant with our friends or sweetheart.

Us pilots are an interesting bunch.

Methinks the complaints are probably loudest from those not filling tanks and actually flying. Just a guess. I can buy two plus copies of the most expensive version of Foreflight for a single fill up in the Skylane. 5 hours later I'll be doing it again. ;)

How long before we see a logbook feature integrated into FF?

Soon it will be like Google...I will just hop in the plane and it will just KNOW where I wanna go!

...unfortunately I will probably have listen to a 30 second ad before being able to obtain the ATIS.

How long before we see a logbook feature integrated into FF?

Soon it will be like Google...I will just hop in the plane and it will just KNOW where I wanna go!

...unfortunately I will probably have listen to a 30 second ad before being able to obtain the ATIS.

Considering they already integrated to LogTen Pro quite some time ago...

I did my first flight with 6.3 on Sunday. I wanted to try the flight path recording feature. Naturally, I forgot to start the recording until I was leveled out enroute and I forgot to stop it until I got home. The fidelity of the track where I was using my Stratus 2 is great.

Back