ForeFlight 5.4 is out!

thanks for the info!

With all the great updates ForeFlight is coming up with, I'm confused as to why the sectionals aren't displayed at retina resolution yet. Clearly the imagery is on the device already (because you can zoom in), and to the best of my figuring it should just be a matter of adjusting at what zoom levels the higher-resolution images get swapped in.

Maybe this is harder than I'm thinking it is for some reason (but I'm an iOS developer, so I know a little bit about how this all works). The fact that they're putting out so many other updates leads me to believe there's some reason this feature isn't making the cut. Maybe there's a complication with where the transition to TACs happens on non-retina displays?

In the meantime, it's kind of annoying to have to zoom in to read an ATIS frequency etc that I would have been able to read without touching the screen if we had retina images.

The one thing i'd really like to see is a HSI of some kind. Like the garmin aera or garmin pilot app.

Almost chose garmin pilot over foreflight due to this.

Speaking of search-and-rescue, is there a find-nearest option on FF? I haven't found one, but that doesn't mean it's not there.

Speaking of search-and-rescue, is there a find-nearest option on FF? I haven't found one, but that doesn't mean it's not there.

There is - It's one of the available HUD fields, and constantly displays bearing and distance to the nearest field.

The one thing i'd really like to see is a HSI of some kind. Like the garmin aera or garmin pilot app.

Almost chose garmin pilot over foreflight due to this.

I love the HSI page on the 560. For runways with no approach you can set the HSI OBS to the runway alignment and the 560 will guide you to it like an ILS approach (LOC and GS). Very handy for those runways with limited lighting or hard to differentiate from surroundings (grass strips). I am really impress how well this function works.

José

Attachments

• 560 HSI.jpg
    560 HSI.jpg
    501 KB · Views: 43
Back