Foreflight 4.7.3 update

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
ForeFlight Mobile 4.7.3 is available for download in the App Store. This is a release that includes bug fixes and a few minor enhancements.
Release notes:
New Imagery view with support for swiping between images.
Share screenshots of your route to Facebook (requires iOS 6).
Fixed iOS 6 bug where documents could not be deleted.
Fixed iOS 6 bug where sending email from inside ForeFlight could sometimes freeze the app.
Fixed bug where am/pm would show on Zulu time date picker.
Fixed bug where iPad keyboard would show row of numbers if external keyboard connected.
Fixed iPhone 5 bug where dimming the screen brightness in ForeFlight settings didn’t dim the entire screen.
Fixed bug with numeric keyboard where cursor jumps to end of line when typing into the search box.
Other bug fixes and performance improvements.

Fixed bug with numeric keyboard where cursor jumps to end of line when typing into the search box.

This one was driving me nuts on my last flight. I'm glad it was a bug and not a feature.

Glad they have added swiping between images! Need to get them to add that for approach plates... Whether in a binder, or when viewing a plate for a particular airport, I'd LOVE to be able to swipe back and forth to flip and compare, just like flipping pages in a paper approach book!

Trying to download it now but iOS 6 has really dogged down my iPad. WiFi seems particularly affected. Also miss YouTube app. It has been hit or miss in Safari.

I'm anxious to check out the imagery change. I've been asking for that for ages.

I see it working like this: from Airport KFTW, procedures, Departure, pick DALLAS NINE. A swipe to the left would show me DALLAS NINE, CONT. 1, etc. After TAKEOFF MINIMUMS, another swipe left would cycle through the ARRIVAL plates, and eventually the APPROACH plates. The Airport Diagram would display last.

Swipes to the right would reverse the order. Swiping past either end would loop back to the other end. The plates viewer page itself would have four buttons across the top, for DIAGRAM, DEPARTURE, ARRIVAL, and APPROACH to allow the pilot to quickly jump to the first plate in a section, without having to jump back to the Airports Procedures page.

And yes, I did email it in. If you like the idea, suggest it too! Would make it so much easier to review plates... Just click LOCK when you want it to stay on the one you want to use!

Excellent! The imagery change is terrific. And I concur on having something similar on IAPs.

Excellent! The imagery change is terrific. And I concur on having something similar on IAPs.

ForeFlight responded, said that the swiping approach plates is something they want to add, too, they just don't have a timeline for it yet. You can ail them your wish list or feedback at team@foreflight,com. They are very responsive, answered my email at 12:30am!

Trying to download it now but iOS 6 has really dogged down my iPad. WiFi seems particularly affected. Also miss YouTube app. It has been hit or miss in Safari.

I'm anxious to check out the imagery change. I've been asking for that for ages.

The 6.0.1 iOS update might fix the issue. My temporary workaround has been to fully restart the iPad when the problem appears. Since I installed the update a day ago I haven't had the issue.

The 6.0.1 iOS update might fix the issue. My temporary workaround has been to fully restart the iPad when the problem appears. Since I installed the update a day ago I haven't had the issue.

Thanks for the tip. A restart did fix it but will do the update.

ForeFlight responded, said that the swiping approach plates is something they want to add, too, they just don't have a timeline for it yet. You can ail them your wish list or feedback at team@foreflight,com. They are very responsive, answered my email at 12:30am!

I made that request, along with Android support!

Hey I suggested the swiping images thing!

I wonder if they need my address to send the royalty checks!!! :)

Back