ForeFlight 12.4 available for download.

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
Provides the enhancements discussed in the other threads.

screen shots from iPad show internet traffic and split screen

5046CAD6-A53F-48FB-B8CC-3098D2C76E0B.jpeg

Last edited:
Views from the iPhone. This is one of the best bits about this update. Especially the Flight Plan editor.

3338EFAD-0DFC-4DB1-ADA7-DCF0A24D2745.png 7DDED4F8-E44B-4D15-BD49-1C2D79F19426.png 5B48BE2F-BDA4-480B-AC43-FF11BB7F53DA.png

I really like that the flight planner has been updated. It's much more usable on the iPhone now.

One casualty of the upgrade..... iphone version no longer supports horizontal view.

One casualty of the upgrade..... iphone version no longer supports horizontal view.
Well that sucks. It was nerfed before, but now it’s nonexistent.

Provides the enhancements discussed in the other threads.

screen shots from iPad show internet traffic and split screen

View attachment 86170
Is that a good book, Michael, "The Flight Instructor's Survival Guide?"
Been reading/viewing a wealth of CFI material, but didn't know that one.
-Craig

Is that a good book, Michael, "The Flight Instructor's Survival Guide?"
Been reading/viewing a wealth of CFI material, but didn't know that one.
-Craig
Mostly stories on how to apply information from the AIH. Good stuff and worth the purchase

Mostly stories on how to apply information from the AIH. Good stuff and worth the purchase
Thanks Mike.

(edit) Bizarrely, book appears to be on Apple Books, but not on Kindle.

Last edited:
Heads Up: the Flight Plan Transfer button on the ForeFlight Maps page is no longer on the top menu. You can still send a flight plan from ForeFlight to your plane's EFIS or Navigator, but you must first open the FPL drawer and find the button on the bottom row. Not a huge deal, but if you don't happen to have the FPL button enabled, and why would you, there's no way to see it.

Heads Up: the Flight Plan Transfer button on the ForeFlight Maps page is no longer on the top menu. You can still send a flight plan from ForeFlight to your plane's EFIS or Navigator, but you must first open the FPL drawer and find the button on the bottom row. Not a huge deal, but if you don't happen to have the FPL button enabled, and why would you, there's no way to see it.
Is this occurring on both iPad and iPhone?

@Cogito ... and are you referring to the "send to" button that I'm pointing out?

if that's a yes, it's been at that position for quite a while.

606693C1-7E64-4BA7-851A-53BB3564AE1C.jpeg

@Cogito ... and are you referring to the "send to" button that I'm pointing out?

if that's a yes, it's been at that position for quite a while.

View attachment 86351
Mike,
Different Button, I'm talking about sending Flight Plans via Bluetooth to your G3X or GTN in the plane. The button looks like this:
(This is where it used to be, from the ForeFlight Tutorial Video.)

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 7.18.02 PM.jpg

Mike,
Different Button, I'm talking about sending Flight Plans via Bluetooth to your G3X or GTN in the plane. The button looks like this:

View attachment 86352
Have you tried it in the plane with the avionics on? It may only show up when a valid connection exists

Mike,
Gotcha....

Have you tried it in the plane with the avionics on? It may only show up when a valid connection exists
Yes, tried it in the plane today, the first time the button wasn’t there. You're correct, it only shows up when there's a Bluetooth connection, thought it had failed until I found button in the new place.

Last edited:
ForeFlight iphone FPL still doesn't have the profile view. I really like that, so I can determine min altitude for a flight, so still have to do that part on the ipad.

I made the decision yesterday to go back to Garmin Pilot. Foreflight has a few things I like better, but overall, GP works better for me.

FF's profile view still hasn't come close to what GP is doing. :(

I made the decision yesterday to go back to Garmin Pilot. Foreflight has a few things I like better, but overall, GP works better for me.

Is profile view one of those things that require the $200/yr plan in FF?

Oh, it has a profile view (I'm on the best plan), it's just missing a lot the GP profile has.

Yeah, it's one of the things included in the middle plan, for me the benefits for the middle one are worth it to me.

Let us know your experience going back to Garmin Pilot. I used it when it first came out because it could flight transfer to G3X/GTN when ForeFlight couldn't. When FF gained this function I went back since I knew the program far better and GP wasn't yet up to parity, though it looks like it has been for a while. In fact, many of the updates in FF in the last few years make it more Garmin Pilot like, ie Aeronautical Map View. I'll be interested to know if filing IFR is as easy and if you get used to that weird Radial Menu they have.

Let us know your experience going back to Garmin Pilot. I used it when it first came out because it could flight transfer to G3X/GTN when ForeFlight couldn't. When FF gained this function I went back since I knew the program far better and GP wasn't yet up to parity, though it looks like it has been for a while. In fact, many of the updates in FF in the last few years make it more Garmin Pilot like, ie Aeronautical Map View. I'll be interested to know if filing IFR is as easy and if you get used to that weird Radial Menu they have.
Oh, I already feel more comfortable the first 10 minutes of using it. It's a more intuitive interface to me. The information seems to be easier to get to. I'm using it for VFR only and some sporadic IFR training.

Oh, I already feel more comfortable the first 10 minutes of using it. It's a more intuitive interface to me. The information seems to be easier to get to. I'm using it for VFR only and some sporadic IFR training.
Salty,
Thanks for the insight. As I recall IFR training, sporadic ain't going to cut it. :)

Salty,
Thanks for the insight. As I recall IFR training, sporadic ain't going to cut it. :)
I'm not really working on it yet.

I just checked out the briefing for a long CC in GP, FF beats it by a mile on that aspect.

Back