ForeFlight 10.1 Aero map

luvflyin

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Luvflyin
I did the update to 10.1. The toggling on/off of Aero Map features is cool. It has a new format for showing top and bottom altitudes for B and C ‘sectors.’ It used to emulate the Sectional/Terminal Area chart’s way of doing it, 40/20 (turn the slant horizontal and put the 40 over the 20.) Now it puts these ‘ribbons’ along the edge with the altitude info. They do it for D’s and E also if it’s a Surface Area. So look at KPDX. I don’t know how to put up screen shots, someone who does please do so. They are advertising the Class E Surface Area extension out to the Northeast with a Ceiling of 4000. ??? They seem to think it’s proximety to the C and it’s 4000 foot top is pertinent somehow. It’s E up to 18,000 of course.

Then there are places where there are ‘tunnels’ in B’s. Look down around KSAN. There are a couple ‘sectors’ that have a bottom, a top, some E above and another bottom and top. Like the piece right over KSAN that is 33/SFC & 100/47. Or the 32/18 & 100/68 out to the Northwest a ways. Foreflights Aero Map is still advertising those as GND-10000 and 1800-10000. Guess it ain’t that big a deal, they’re not luring any one into Airspace they shouldn’t be in, but they are luring people into thinking they have to get a Clearance to be in a piece of sky they don’t have to get a Clearance for. Wish they’d just get it right.

Yeah, there may be some bugs in it. Just happened to notice this:

FF.jpg

If you tap on the individual MOAs and check the dialog box, it says the Paradise North, Paradise South and Owyhee South MOAs are "10,000' - 17,999' MSL" Owyhee North shows "100' AGL - 17,999' MSL," consistent with the label on the chart.

Is this an isolated issue?

I don’t know how to put up screen shots
For iPad, Snap a screen shot with the home and power button. If on PC, look for and download Godwin screen shot.

If you wish to edit, annotate, or crop, tap the thumbnail at the lower left and perform your edits. Save when done.

Back on PoA with your iPad, look for the "Upload a File" button on the lower right. Tap that, the select the image(s) you saved.

Once uploaded, the forum software will show them below the box where you type your message and provide options of inserting as a small thumbnail or full-size. This will insert the image where your cursor is.

Then hit post message so wither rest of us can enjoy your masterpiece.

Yeah, there may be some bugs in it. Just happened to notice this:

View attachment 64289

If you tap on the individual MOAs and check the dialog box, it says the Paradise North, Paradise South and Owyhee South MOAs are "10,000' - 17,999' MSL" Owyhee North shows "100' AGL - 17,999' MSL," consistent with the label on the chart.

Is this an isolated issue?

I dunno, haven’t looked around much. Just looked at the areas I fly in a lot and noticed what I did around PDX and SAN

For iPad, Snap a screen shot with the home and power button. If on PC, look for and download Godwin screen shot.

If you wish to edit, annotate, or crop, tap the thumbnail at the lower left and perform your edits. Save when done.

Back on PoA with your iPad, look for the "Upload a File" button on the lower right. Tap that, the select the image(s) you saved.

Once uploaded, the forum software will show them below the box where you type your message and provide options of inserting as a small thumbnail or full-size. This will insert the image where your cursor is.

Then hit post message so wither rest of us can enjoy your masterpiece.

Ah Ha! Thanks. There’s two because I wasn’t sure. I just did a copy and paste.

upload_2018-6-23_21-35-19.pngupload_2018-6-23_21-35-19.jpeg

Hmmmm... I looked just now at KPDX and I don't see the added airspace altitudes for that Class E bump to the NE.

Running FF 10.1.1 with current iOS and connected to WiFi for charts I haven't downloaded.

Hmmmm... I looked just now at KPDX and I don't see the added airspace altitudes for that Class E bump to the NE.

Running FF 10.1.1 with current iOS and connected to WiFi for charts I haven't downloaded.

10.1.1 is what I have and is what the pics above were taken from. Are you sure you have the Aero Map selected. It doesn’t show on the Sectional

Just took this screen shot. Aero maps and VFR sectional enabled.

A6D7F18F-1904-4342-B8C1-205A2132B1D1.jpeg

Go to "Settings" (the little gear icon at the top of the map screen), and select "Airspace". Under "Customize Airspace", check that the "Class E" slider is on.

I usually leave it off to reduce clutter, since Class E boundaries are rarely a factor in my flying.

57AD8AA6-C683-4E5A-985C-866D7AAAE317.png

Just took this screen shot. Aero maps and VFR sectional enabled.

View attachment 64311

Hmm. I’m trying to duplicate that by pushing all kinds of buttons. Weird thing is, now the E: GND-4000 thing is on the other side of the extension by Cedars North instead of by Grove. Sorry about the double pic. Don’t know why that’s happening. I’m just copying and pasting once

upload_2018-6-24_1-5-58.pngupload_2018-6-24_1-5-58.jpeg

I too had the Class E slider to OFF

Back