ForeFight Fuel Prices Not Updating

Fearless Tower

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fearless Tower
What's the deal with the lag in FF gas prices? They say their recently updated, but finding many fields where the fuel priced is $1-2 per gallon higher than what is showing in FF.

Airnav seems the most accurate right now.

Is ForeFlight living in a fantasy world?

What's the deal with the lag in FF gas prices? They say their recently updated, but finding many fields where the fuel priced is $1-2 per gallon higher than what is showing in FF.

Airnav seems the most accurate right now.

Is ForeFlight living in a fantasy world?
I think FF relies on someone to notify them to update prices? I have reported updated prices to FF and it took a day or so for it to change on FF. Maybe they verify before changing the prices published?
Best to call ahead to check for prices and availability.

I have noticed this. Is it up to each FBO to provide updated prices to FF? If yes, what is the technical process they use to update fuel prices? It seems odd that the prices are suddenly in error by $1 to $2 per gallon. Agree with calling ahead, but fuel prices in FF have traditionally been fairly accurate.

... or busy laughing at the poor excuses that are being given for why this is happening and how we should be glad about it.

Pilots can also update prices, I’ve done it. From what I see there’s no automatic way, it’s just a manual system.

FBO's can post their fuel prices if they have a ForeFlight FBO account. There is a free option on an FBO account that they can use to keep their data up to date, including the fuel prices. Pilots can also provide updates. With the high volatility in fuel prices, if the price goes up, the PIREP will get the price updated. ForeFlight also receives aggregated data from various sources. FBO's with an account will get an email if their fuel prices are updated. I picked an airport nearby to get fuel for $5.20 a gallon, but when I landed, the self serve was posted as being $6.15 per gallon with a sign that also said the fuel was for aircraft only. I filled up anyway and the machine used the $5.20 price. This is NASCAR country and I figured this might be posted to scare away some of the good old boys. Anyway, at least for this fill up, I got the price posted on ForeFlight, but have noticed that it has since been updated to $6.15, so it may have been that the FBO did not get around to updating the price in the self serve computer. Since things are so volatile, I try to call and confirm myself before the flight.

Back