Forces to Flyer Program

Toris1968

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Toris1968
Any other vets out there eagerly awaiting to find out if they got selected for the Forces to Flyers program or not? Or anyone already been selected, if so can you share details about what the school is telling you? I should find out on 11 June whether or not I got picked up. Such a great opportunity, just happy I was in the position to at least apply. Good luck to all potential selectees! Later

From what I’ve read, it’s just spinning the current Post 9/11 GI Bill into a catchy title that’s covered by DOT. Unless they’re guaranteed some type of job at the end of all that, all the ratings listed are completely covered by the GI Bill. Even though they list the PPL as a barrier that’s not covered by the GI Bill, the vast majority of schools are just linking the PPL under a “commercial rating” and is being covered by the GI Bill.

Either route, both are good to getting a start in aviation in a time when hiring will be strong for the foreseeable future. Good luck to ya.

Yeah but GI Bill only covers one 13k per academic year and if selected I get train full time and get to keep most of the 9/11 GI Bill for my kids. Win win.

Back