Forced Landing

"Absolutely Gorgeous"...I don't think so.

I would think that letting the engine warm up for two or three milliseconds before putting the hammer down would, in general, be a good idea (but probably not a factor in this particular case).

I assume his airspeed indicator came adrift and went through the prop?

Why to I get the feeling that this guy isn't going to check too close for a caracked airframe?

"Looks good -- crank 'er up!"

Maybe someone on here knows more about this story, but apparently there was a dentist in Greenville, PA with an ultralight. Flew it all the time.

One day he flew, and for some reason the wires gave way, letting him plummet to his death.

Talk in Greenville is that the wires were filed, as the widow quickly remarried -- you guessed it -- the dentist's best friend.

I saw a pilot who suffered a loss of power at low altitude manage to not stall it, identify a landing area, and put it down without injury and little damage to the airframe. He also seems to be a guy who appreciates the aircraft he owns, and the beauty of a calm night with a setting sun.

He gets a thumbs up from me.

Tim

I saw a pilot who suffered a loss of power at low altitude manage to not stall it, identify a landing area, and put it down without injury and little damage to the airframe. He also seems to be a guy who appreciates the aircraft he owns, and the beauty of a calm night with a setting sun.

He gets a thumbs up from me.

Tim

+1 !!!

Anything that flies is gorgeous!

Well, almost anything.

But this certainly qualifies.

Anything that flies is gorgeous!

Well, almost anything.

But this certainly qualifies.
Tim--I would fly one--I would enjoy it..but afterwords I still wouldn't call it gorgeous :D

Flying lawn furniture....
Amen....

Maybe someone on here knows more about this story, but apparently there was a dentist in Greenville, PA with an ultralight. Flew it all the time.

One day he flew, and for some reason the wires gave way, letting him plummet to his death.

Talk in Greenville is that the wires were filed, as the widow quickly remarried -- you guessed it -- the dentist's best friend.

I'll have to do some digging....not aware of that one. Do you recall when it happened?

I've had 3 engine outs flying 2 stroke UL's. It's no big deal if you train for it. Looks like he did things right to me.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

Add a cheap set of amphibs and sign me up.

He was lucky. The news was reporting that two folks were kilt on a similar contraption in Carrol County Maryland yesterday....

He was lucky. The news was reporting that two folks were kilt on a similar contraption in Carrol County Maryland yesterday....

The news reported nine people killed in a Piper and a Helicopter the other day. Piper and helicopter pilots are lucky.

Back