Forced landing? Be prepared to pay the DOT

if a pilot is afraid of a $2,000 bill that the insurance will likely pay anyway...then he needs to find another, cheaper hobby.

Do damage to public property (like crash into a guard rail with your car) = you pay to fix it.

Cost the state D.O.T. time and money because they need to protect your asset and/or public safety = you pay for it.

That's the way it is in my state too and the way it should be. I just don't see the problem here except possibly issues raised by those who want everything for nothing.

So in car crashes the car drivers pay for those damages in your state? They couldn't do it in mine because they've made everything "no-fault" and zero investigation is done if no death occurred.

Agreed. Your road taxes go to pay for the construction and normal repair and upkeep of the roads, bridges, signage, etc. They are not there to pay for the damage caused by an accident or for any other costs related to such an event. This includes items such as extra manpower and equipment needed to handle the situation. You simply cannot expect the tax base or all of society to pay for the costs of your accident or incident.

Again, cars paying for that stuff? "Normal upkeep" includes repairing damage, last I checked.

They got two options, steal tax dollars, or just charge per accident/use of time and make all their workers paid per job and not salary or hourly with no retirement/401/etc.

They do both already. And sell off lanes to for-profit toll companies here.

Agree completely. I would never argue that there isn't waste in government (or any large corporation for that matter).

Rather I was simply stating that many here are just like some of those who live in Ferguson, MO and who think that government should provide everything for free.

And I find it absolutely hilarious.

Or alternatively they were promised certain things were covered by their taxes, and the rules changed, so they'll gladly pay for future damages if the portion of the taxes previously used for that for decades is refunded.

I'm sorry, there is absolutely no need for 6 trucks and 8 employees for this. This is a one person job - two max. Put up a portable sign, some cones to move the traffic into the left lane, and you're good. I would also wager that these employees would probably not be patching roads if they weren't out there, because if it's like most union/gov't positions - they aren't "qualified" (even though they are capable) to do a job other than the one they are paid to do.

you mean more isn't always better?

Attachments

• andre.jpg.jpeg
    andre.jpg.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 17
Back