For those of you who like to blow things up...

AirBaker

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
AirBaker
My parents are in the process of developing a kids camp specifically for children with disabilities. During the excavation, they ran into a bunch of rock with called for the use of explosives.

The video is attached.

Attachments

• fireinthehole.wmv
    1.1 MB · Views: 104
Nothing beats blowing stuff up.

Outdoor Activities:

In our idealistic peaceful summer camp we can assure parents that your kids will not sit around all summer watching tv and eating ding-dongs or sneaking off to avoid their daily chores at our camp. We have installed the latest and greatest motivational exercise and self confidence program ever created. It's called RUN! When we say RUN!, we guarantee with 100% certainty that by the end of camp your underachiever kid, regardless of self esteem or lack of motivation issues that they arrive here with, will have no problem qualifying in the next Olympics for the 100m and 400m track events (including hurdles) with a high probability of walking away with the Gold.

As a side note based on preliminary motivation test results, we expect that most of the track event medals will be cleaned out by our campers at the 2008 and certainly no later than the 2012 Summer Olympics.

You can be proud of your child for being an participant and future alumni at such a prestigious elite camp.

Sorry, Chris, that was a pretty tame explosion -- it's not up where we thought that if 1 lb of C4 would do the job, 2 lbs would do it twice as good :yes:

And 4 lbs? How sublime! :yes:

fgcason said:
Outdoor Activities:
.....You can be proud of your child for being an participant and future alumni at such a prestigious elite camp.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: GOOD one!! :SNORT:

RotaryWingBob said:
Sorry, Chris, that was a pretty tame explosion -- it's not up where we thought that if 1 lb of C4 would do the job, 2 lbs would do it twice as good :yes:

And 4 lbs? How sublime! :yes:

Well, yeah. Problem is, we didn't have any of that. I'm a little bummed that I didn't get to see it first hand. That was with roughly 180lbs of dynamite and another equal amount of some gel-explosive.

Now, if you have any extra C4 laying around and want us to detonate it on film for you...

AirBaker said:
Well, yeah. Problem is, we didn't have any of that. I'm a little bummed that I didn't get to see it first hand. That was with roughly 180lbs of dynamite and another equal amount of some gel-explosive.

Now, if you have any extra C4 laying around and want us to detonate it on film for you...
That's enough for a pretty good boom ;)

I don't understand why the Army didn't let me bring some C4 back with me :dunno:

RotaryWingBob said:
if 1 lb of C4 would do the job, 2 lbs would do it twice as good

Bob,

Isn't that right out of the Philadelphia Police Department handbook?

Say circa May of '85?

Len

Len Lanetti said:
Bob,

Say circa May of '85?

Len
Can't disagree with that, Len. They must have gone to the same demolition classes I did ;)

Len Lanetti said:
Bob,

Say circa May of '85?

Heh, heh, heh. I had heard that some of the more "humorous" Philly police officers had special patches made up with a logo of a helicopter dropping a bomb which they wore on the arm of their uniform. True story. :yes:

"Move Bomb Squad, Air Unit"

smigaldi said:
My favorite blowing something up video
http://www.theexplodingwhale.com/

hehe That video reminded me of those two seals that were rehabilitated for $30K or something like that after the Exxon Valdez accident. With media present, they were released back into the wild only to have a killer whale devour them right in front of the assembled crowd and media. Hilarious!

Who was individual that had the great story about blowing stuff up? Ken?

"It blowed up. It blowed up good". John Candy, SCTV.

Back