For those of you who flew to Oshkosh....

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
You may have a photo of your airplane at Oshkosh on this site. I don't know when the photographer took that particular photo, but I'm glad I didn't have my laundry hanging out when he walked by. :D

Does anyone else have a photo of their airplane taken at Oshkosh by that photographer? I think it's kinda neat that he does that. :)

He's got a few of them at different times in there. I bet he thought you were a hot pilot chick and was stalking you:wink2:

He's got a few of them at different times in there. I bet he thought you were a hot pilot chick and was stalking you:wink2:
I seriously doubt that, but I do appreciate the thought! :D

Does anyone else have a photo of their airplane taken at Oshkosh by that photographer? I think it's kinda neat that he does that. :)

Not at OSH this year, but...

* There's three pics of N271G there - One out in Sunriver, OR; one at OSH, and one at 6Y9 taken by our own Scott Migaldi. The two where it's operating, I was flying... And the other one where it's parked at OSH, that was me who parked it there. :D I recognize the tail of the Twin Comanche we were next to.

* There's a pic of Larry (Are you still lurking here, Larry?) with N8483F at Sun 'n' Fun this year.

* There's a pair of pictures of N8741E - One departing OSH (that was Pete) and one sitting on the ramp at La Crosse during the Deke Slayton Airfest a few years ago.

I think it's kinda cool that out of the 6 pictures taken while we owned the planes, 5 of them were being flown by PoAers... I think those of us who are here are a bit more engaged in aviation and get out and fly more often than the average pilot. :)

Looks like he got me after landing, too. http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/N6693M.html Interestingly, I discovered a few months ago that one of the other pics of 93M on that site was taken a couple of years ago when my wife and I and another couple went to San Diego for a weekend (KMYF). So, of the three pics, two are with me operating it. :) The third was from a while back, before the new paint job. I never saw the airplane in it's former state, so that one was NOT me.

A different photographer snapped this photo of me landing a rental Warrior at KFCM a couple years ago. I emailed him and asked for a higher res image, which he graciously provided.

Oh wow... I guess you should never assume that no one is watching! :eek:

Oshkosh09photo.jpg

You may have a photo of your airplane at Oshkosh on this site. I don't know when the photographer took that particular photo, but I'm glad I didn't have my laundry hanging out when he walked by. :D

He got one of the IAR in 07...

098451.jpg

He took one of it @SnF the same year so he gets around.

Pictures of my plane have shown up on that website from around the country. Kinda hard to hide.

Last edited:
What are you doing? Get off the runway! :D ;)

Ha! Thanks for your vote of confidence. :) Actually, while I'm on a runway in the picture, it happens to be 31-13, not 09 that I had just landed on. I was taxiing back to the west on the grass and had to cross that runway, and that's when he snapped the picture.

On arrival, they had me land on the white dot, and then told me to keep the speed up and roll out a bit. They had been emphasizing to the low wing behind me to put it down on the numbers, so I get the feeling that (s)he was landing a bit long and they wanted me further down the runway rather than slowing and turning off. Interestingly, they never spoke to me again, so after I passed the intersecting 13-31 runway, I said screw it...I'm getting off the runway, so I turned off into the grass, which had me crossing the pavement in this picture.

C'mon, Kent. Give me a little credit. ;)

My airplane's Oshkosh curse is still in effect. :(

Looks like next year is going to be a large RV of some sort. Dad's finally come around and wants to go after I've besieged him with videos and photos for two years. ;)

Ha! Thanks for your vote of confidence. :) Actually, while I'm on a runway in the picture, it happens to be 31-13, not 09 that I had just landed on. I was taxiing back to the west on the grass and had to cross that runway, and that's when he snapped the picture.

On arrival, they had me land on the white dot, and then told me to keep the speed up and roll out a bit. They had been emphasizing to the low wing behind me to put it down on the numbers, so I get the feeling that (s)he was landing a bit long and they wanted me further down the runway rather than slowing and turning off. Interestingly, they never spoke to me again, so after I passed the intersecting 13-31 runway, I said screw it...I'm getting off the runway, so I turned off into the grass, which had me crossing the pavement in this picture.

Interesting. The next piece of concrete back must be 9-27 then... I just recognized Basler in the background and was wondering how you came to be at such an odd angle to the runway, right at its edge - It looks like you're taking the runway for departure, except they do that from the paved taxiways and the sign in your windscreen says "GAC."

Another reminder that you need to be ready for anything when flying into Airventure! :thumbsup:

C'mon, Kent. Give me a little credit. ;)

Shouldn't your cowl flaps be open? ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D

Back