For those of us who love/hate "First Post!" posts...

Read it.

*asplode*

EDIT: LAST POST!!!!!!!11!!1!!!!1eleventy-one!!11

^^^^ you're new to this internet thing, aren't you?

Lurk more.

This reminds me of the summer camp I used to go to...

I still don't know what "powned" means.

No, seriously...what the hell does it mean?

powned, or pwnd, or pown3d, or p0wn3d, etc. all derive from owned, which was coined in gaming to state your superiority over another player. If you owned somebody, you probably wiped the floor with them, or got a great kill in the match. Of course, with o and p being so close to each other on the keyboard, someone was bound to type pwned and not realize it. Gamers (along with many other computer subcultures), being quick to catch onto new phrases and spellings (as you can tell with "leet speak" (leet means elite) such as using numbers and other characters as letters in words), latched onto pwned, and it went from there.

powned, or pwnd, or pown3d, or p0wn3d, etc. all derive from owned, which was coined in gaming to state your superiority over another player. If you owned somebody, you probably wiped the floor with them, or got a great kill in the match. Of course, with o and p being so close to each other on the keyboard, someone was bound to type pwned and not realize it. Gamers (along with many other computer subcultures), being quick to catch onto new phrases and spellings (as you can tell with "leet speak" (leet means elite) such as using numbers and other characters as letters in words), latched onto pwned, and it went from there.

n0000b

A Riot. Thanks.
And an example of why not to go out in public.

Like when I called my GF's friend a troll when she said a TiVo was just a VCR. She thought "ugly troll under a bridge" and I never was able to 'splain. Well, I did explain but she liked clinging to the first impression.

THANK YOU! I know the term owned. I just never understood purposfully misspelling it. I guess that kind of makes sense now.

Like when I called my GF's friend a troll when she said a TiVo was just a VCR. She thought "ugly troll under a bridge" and I never was able to 'splain. Well, I did explain but she liked clinging to the first impression.

mike thats hilarious!

Get lost!

Just kidding! :D

Good God, only a retarded site like Fark would actually have that posted. Seriously, Fark is like the internet with Downs.

How many more Bill Cosby Photoshops can they swing this month? We'll see.

Fark is not the bottom of the barrel. I dare not mention the site's name, but "chan" is involved. Wouldn't recommend looking it up. Bleh. :hairraise: :vomit:

Thanks for splaining, but I don't think I'll live long enough to have time for such things.

Back