? for the POA management team

Dean

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Dean
Is the POA logo copy right protected? I have found a local business lady that has an embroidery machine and will do the POA logo on a hat for me as long as its not copy right protected. If it is, will you give me a letter of permission to use it?

If it isn't will you ship a hat? or better yet a ladies polo shirt, Light blue, size L?

Yes, the logo is copyrighted. Sorry - I have been too busy lately, I need to make time for the merchandising soon!

Greebo said:
Yes, the logo is copyrighted. Sorry - I have been too busy lately, I need to make time for the merchandising soon!

Just a suggestion but why not let James quote out a batch of hats and shirts (don't forget ones with pockets to hold old man eyes) and have them shipped to you.

Areeda said:
Just a suggestion but why not let James quote out a batch of hats and shirts (don't forget ones with pockets to hold old man eyes) and have them shipped to you.
Because we have 0 interest in becoming a storefront.

Greebo said:

Then register the logo and license it out to others for their use. Charge a 2% ASP licensing fee and then without being a 'storefront' you will still see a revenue stream.

Thank you Scott, we have had discussions on if and how we want to handle it. The main issue behind why we haven't moved this along yet is simply time: we only have so much we can devote to this sites operation on a given day.

Greebo said:
Thank you Scott, we have had discussions on if and how we want to handle it. The main issue behind why we haven't moved this along yet is simply time: we only have so much we can devote to this sites operation on a given day.

Well, if you don't want to be a storefront, and don't have the time to deal with licensing, why not just tell Dean he can go ahead and use the logo for some limited, specified time and purpose?

Greebo said:

Wow, just like the FAA. Vague and contradicting yourself. Now that is funny. :goofy:

Brent Bradford said:
Wow, just like the FAA. Vague and contradicting yourself. Now that is funny. :goofy:
What I meant was that we do not want to handle the merchandising ourselves. We don't want to deal with production, inventory or shipping.

We have a tentative agreement with a vendor that has been slowed somewhat due to extenuating circumstances, that when it goes live, will provide a variety of options for PoA merchandise, and provide benefit to PoA by sending a % of sales back to us.

I am working to get that ball rolling again, thank you for your patience.

Back