For sale: Quiet Technologies Halo, 3 month old, $270 incl. shipping. Like new.

German guy

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Oliver
SOLD: Quiet Technologies Halo, 3 month old, $270 incl. shipping. Like new.

I am selling my Quiet Technologies Halo Headset. I received it in February and flew with it for about 20 hours. It is in a like new condition, I used only the earplugs which were originally installed.

Halo.jpg

$270, including shipping via USPS ground.

Payment through Paypal or cash / check when picked up in person.

I live in Novi, MI, 48375, my home base is the 1D2 airport Plymouth-Canton-Mettetal, west of Detroit.

Last edited:
If he falls through for whatever reason, I'm next!

Sold, headset is already on its way to North Carolina. :)

Last edited:
Oliver, would you mind sharing why you sold them? Were they not as good as advertised, not comfortable, or did you get a pair of A20's with the new bird? :D

Oliver, would you mind sharing why you sold them? Were they not as good as advertised, not comfortable, or did you get a pair of A20's with the new bird? :D

Certainly. Firstly, I have to say that they were really as comfortable as advertised. After a while, I almost forgot hat I had them on, because they were so light. No clamping force, no sweating and no problems with sunglasses either.

However, I found them to be slightly louder than my 1st gen Zulus, what also made it a bit more difficult for me (as a non-native English speaker) to understand ATC.
While I could have lived with this, I always struggled to insert the plug which goes into my right ear, which is apparently oddly shaped, as I have the same difficulties with normal ear plugs. And yes, I know how to insert them and watched the QT video, as well as other tutorials on YouTube.
With the higher temperatures we saw over the last few weeks, which made the plugs and the tubes in them quite a bit softer, I found it almost impossible to properly insert the right plug.

Obviously, the majority of QT users is very happy with them and does not have such difficulties. I am therefore convinced that Morgan3820 will enjoy them. :yes:

Re: SOLD: Quiet Technologies Halo, 3 month old, $270 incl. shipping. Like new.

Does yours have the case that doesn't fit together well? I remember a thread about that.

Does yours have the case that doesn't fit together well? I remember a thread about that.

I also saw this thread and therefore inspected mine - it fits nicely.

I should have jumped on that one. My loss

Good deal here, for sure.

I also have occasional issues inserting teh foamy earpiece in my right ear, but usually get it in a try or two.

Some folks get a custom-molded earpiece made.

What a deal. Phil must've done well at Sun'n'Fun, 'cause there's a note on the QT website that he's not currently taking new orders due to a backlog of current orders.

I have run the gamut of headsets and the QTs are by far your best bang for your buck. Comfort wise, they cannot be beat no matter how much money you throw at the problem.

Noise wise, they are just slightly noisier than your quality ANR headsets, but MUCH quieter than your typical DCs. I really don't understand the OPs issue with not hearing ATC. They are ridiculously quiet.

None the less, someone just got a great deal on the best headset out there right now for GA.

What a deal. [...]

OK, now I feel as whether I sold them too cheap. ;)

[...] Noise wise, they are just slightly noisier than your quality ANR headsets, but MUCH quieter than your typical DCs. I really don't understand the OPs issue with not hearing ATC. They are ridiculously quiet. [...]

Well, this is pretty much what I said - I felt that they were slightly noisier than my Zulus, in particular in the lower frequencies, and that this made it a bit more difficult for me to understand ATC. :rolleyes:
However, this was just something minor, I sold them, because I struggled to insert the plug into my right ear.

They are not for everyone. Some cant stand the things on their ears. Since I use bearing aids they are no issue for me.

FWIW, I was surprised when I found that I was first in line. Usually, I am way last. Given my good fortune I promptly went out and purchased a lottery ticket I case I had any luck left :yesnod:If I find that they do not work for me either, I promise to relist them on this board.

This reminds me I still have to take photos of the two Zulu 1's I have for sale.
However, to ride on the wave of popularity :yes:

Second chance - Quiet Technologies Halo - this time in fancy yellow - used less than 10 hrs. Good headset, got a Clarity about the same time. Clarity worked a bit better for me, but it's also a more expensive headset. Eventually was able to afford the batteries and switched over to A20.

Same $270 shipped USPS in the lower 48 (or lunch included if you pick them up in KDED, Deland FL). Paypal if mailing or cash/check in person.

Open photo in new tab/window for higher resolution

Attachments

• Halo.jpg
    Halo.jpg
    602.1 KB · Views: 35

I will take them!!!

Send me your info via PM and I will pay with pay pal in the morning

Sold and shipped

Still have two Zulu 1's in as good as it gets after a factory overhaul of the plastic and all new cushions condition that I need to part with.

Halos received. Thanks

Back