For Sale: GENTEX HGU-68/P Aircrew Fixed Wing Helmet for USN/USMC

DontTreadOnMe

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
DontTreadOnMe
Selling my GENTEX HGU-68/P Aircrew Fixed Wing Helmet for USN/USMC.

In box, removed for images and for two interested buyers, never used. One minor blemish: right side of helmet, on the leather (image provided).

I live close to MEM, but I do travel to PHX and ORF on a regular basis. If you're located in other areas, we can figure something out. This gear is just sitting around, it's not a burden to me, just looking for a good home for it.

Now asking $1000.

image-34.jpeg

image-35.jpeg

image-39.jpeg

image-42.jpeg

image-41.jpeg

image-44.jpeg

image-43.jpeg

image-40.jpeg

image-36.jpeg

image-37.jpeg

Last edited:
600 knot visor...

...looks perfect for the RV pilots and their overhead breaks!

I don't suppose you have a spare MBU-12 series mask as well do you? All we can get now are the horrible horrible waste of taxpayer dollars "combat edge" masks......

I don't suppose you have a spare MBU-12 series mask as well do you? All we can get now are the horrible horrible waste of taxpayer dollars "combat edge" masks......

No, I do not, sorry.

BTT, looking for a good offer! This helmet is in great shape!

BTT, looking for a good home for this equipment.

Been a long time since I checked back on here, moved the price down from $1200 to $1000.

I don't mean to bash anyone or anything, but I am truly curious. A top of the line motorcycle helmet, which is likely lighter and able to withstand a much more powerful impact, costs around half of the asking price of the helmet here. So what makes the aviation helmet worth any more, other than being an aviation helmet? Again, I'm not trying to be in any way critical, I am genuinely curious.

I don't mean to bash anyone or anything, but I am truly curious. A top of the line motorcycle helmet, which is likely lighter and able to withstand a much more powerful impact, costs around half of the asking price of the helmet here. So what makes the aviation helmet worth any more, other than being an aviation helmet? Again, I'm not trying to be in any way critical, I am genuinely curious.

Perhaps in part because a top of the line motorcycle helmet doesn’t have an integral aviation head set.
Perhaps in part because there are fewer pilots than motorcyclists.

This helmet does not have a internal headset. Just a plain helmet. I offered him what it was worth and he declined.

This helmet does not have a internal headset. Just a plain helmet. I offered him what it was worth and he declined.

Please do not hijack my sale thread, and if you scroll to the top of this thread, "please do not comment on the value of the goods offered, unless specifically requested by the original poster."

You're asking for a Tesla at the price of a Prius, citing that their functionality is the same - they are not. The specifications and standards the HGU-68/P is unique... if you want to wear a motorcycle helmet or a bicycle helmet, that's your prerogative, but please, keep it out of my sale ad.

MSRP for the HGU-68/P is $1,400 without comms - my asking price is $1000.

The Navy let you keep your helmet?

The Navy let you keep your helmet?

Yes, I was allowed to keep my gear - stealing gov. property is not my modus operandi. Let's keep it focused on the sale, unless you were indirectly asking if I was selling stolen goods, the answer is no, I am not.

If you are interested in purchasing this gear, feel free to post your questions.

All other inquiries, PM me - please understand, I'm trying to keep on topic (I'm not looking for a debate).

Yes, I was allowed to keep my gear - stealing gov. property is not my modus operandi. Let's keep it focused on the sale, unless you were indirectly asking if I was selling stolen goods, the answer is no, I am not.

If you are interested in purchasing this gear, feel free to post your questions.

All other inquiries, PM me - please understand, I'm trying to keep on topic (I'm not looking for a debate).

Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply you were doing something illegal. I was just curious as to their policies.

I retired Army and they wouldn't even let me keep my helmet. Kept flight suits and flight jackets but they wanted a sweaty helmet back. Army is so cheap when it comes to a lot of things.

Good luck with the sale.

Back