Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Phil Corman
1965 M20C...
No Damage History...
O&N Bladders
Speedbrakes
Mechanically and Airworthiness is great...
Cosmetics are so-so...
Listed at $27K, below Blue Book...

Phil
805-769-8750

Attachments

• N7877V For Sale.JPG
    N7877V For Sale.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 186
I've wanted a Mooney for a long time, but alas the cash isn't there. Good luck with the sale. That looks to me like a Mooney for Cherokee money.

What am I not seeing? That looks like a rather good deal on a better than basic plane. Not clear if it has current IFR or annual, but that's about it.

You'll find other Mooneys selling for that, but not too many. Seems like a steal to me.

Current market environment? I have a plane for sale too but I can't seem to get any offers unless I want to give it away.

What's giving it away mean?

Market prices for older planes are depressed - and likely to stay that way for quite a while. That the "blue book" has not caught up does not change what planes are actually worth - it only says the book thinks they should be worth. Would it make you feel better if blue book went ahead and actually adjusted all prices down 25-30% (putting them where the market is already)? I'm not sure I understand that.

I DO understand why it can be emotionally difficult to accept a steep and unexpected decline in the price of an asset one is holding. But that should not change the evaluation of an offer from a buyer - if the price they offer tracks with the CURRENT environment, then it is fair, regardless of the absolute number itself.

I've made two serious offers (plus one semi-serious on this forum recently) on planes in the past six months. Both were rejected because the sellers could not emotionally get over the loss hump, although in both cases the broker involved concurred that my offer reflected market pricing. Both planes are still sitting there with no offers, costing their owners money to maintain, and losing value rotting away. I don't really care, I want a plane but I don't have to have one. Six years ago, the market was reversed - people were outbidding each other on planes, resulting in sale prices higher than blue book. Neither situation is wrong :)

Current market environment? I have a plane for sale too but I can't seem to get any offers unless I want to give it away.

I must be an anomaly...I just sold my 182 last week in 4 days on the market for 5k less than my inflated asking cost...it may depend on the plane...

Now buying is turning out to not be so much fun...kissing a few frogs along the way....

The Mooney looks like a good deal...that's pretty cheap to get in the air....

Last edited:
I must be an anomaly...I just sold my 182 last week in 4 days on the market for 5k less than my inflated asking cost...it may depend on the plane...

That is certainly true, 2 super cubs sold last month with out being advertised. one for $220,000 and one for $185,000.

135 operators still pay top dollar for aircraft that will pass part 135 requirements.

The rest are toys, and you'll be lucky to get 50% of the 2007 prices.

Sorry, gotta lower the price, otherwise you get to keep it.

And that is exactly what happens, I didn't get a single offer on the 24 at 65k so we will keep it.

Now buying is turning out to not be so much fun...kissing a few frogs along the way....

The Mooney looks like a good deal...that's pretty cheap to get in the air....

Wha? Wha? Whaaat?!

+1

Wassup?

+1

Wassup?

Moving on up...to the east side...to a deluxe apartment in the sky I!!!!

The plane was cherry...the first offer I got was 15K less than asking price...I countered with 5K less and they responded with a "yes" and evidence of escrow...

In my experience...good planes and/or planes priced correctly sell fast...

Last edited:
Back