kath

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Technical Administrator
Display Name

Display name:
Katherine
Hi, all,

What is it with men? Here I am, having a lovely adventure, flying our wonderful little "150-150" by myself from Anchorage, AK to the lower 48... I've already made it through Canada, Idaho, and arrived in Portland, OR... I'm about to head south for California when I'm talking with "the husband" on the phone and he's telling me about a 172 he's got his eye on for us. "We are NOT becoming a two-plane household!" I say. Then he tells me he's already BOUGHT the 172! You can't leave 'em alone for one minute!

So, the 150-150 is now on the market. She's a beauty, souped up Alaskan style! Having flown her for 30 hours in the last few weeks on this grand adventure, I can say she'll serve ya true. The extra horses in front are just the beginning; she's also got long-range fuel tanks (20 gal in each wing) plus an aux tank in the baggage compartment (another 14.5 gal), and at 8 gal/hour she can fly for longer than your bladder can hold out.

Husband is an anal-retentive A&P, so she's in excellent shape.

Cessna 150-M: 1975 model
Lycoming O-320-A2B 150 HP in great condition
TT airframe = about 3800
SMOH = about 1450
Intercom, Audio panel, GPS VFR, Nav/com, Com2 (King 97), DME (KN64), Transponder (KT76A)
Long range fuel + aux tank (14.6 Gal)
406 ELT
Gross weight increase
Annual due Aug 2012
Same owner last 11 years
Asking: $34,450

If interested, you can contact me through this board, but you can also "go to the source" and call the husband (his name is Paul): at 907-677-6055, or paul@paulcolor.com.

We're based in Anchorage, but if you're somewhere in a western state (like WA, OR, CA, NV), I can maybe fly to you sometime in early August.

Picture here:
http://beetlejuiceadventure.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/l1000105.jpg
(Couldn't figure out how to make the picture not enormous! Anyone know how to "size" an image on this thing?)

Last edited:
Hi, all,

What is it with men? Here I am, having a lovely adventure, flying our wonderful little "150-150" by myself from Anchorage, AK to the lower 48... I've already made it through Canada, Idaho, and arrived in Portland, OR... I'm about to head south for California when I'm talking with "the husband" on the phone and he's telling me about a 172 he's got his eye on for us. "We are NOT becoming a two-plane household!" I say. Then he tells me he's already BOUGHT the 172! You can't leave 'em alone for one minute!

So, the 150-150 is now on the market. She's a beauty, souped up Alaskan style! Having flown her for 30 hours in the last few weeks on this grand adventure, I can say she'll serve ya true. The extra horses in front are just the beginning; she's also got long-range fuel tanks (20 gal in each wing) plus an aux tank in the baggage compartment (another 14.5 gal), and at 8 gal/hour she can fly for longer than your bladder can hold out.

Husband is an anal-retentive A&P, so she's in excellent shape.

Cessna 150-M: 1975 model
Lycoming O-320-A2B 150 HP in great condition
TT airframe = about 3800
SMOH = about 1450
Intercom, Audio panel, GPS VFR, Nav/com, Com2 (King 97), DME (KN64), Transponder (KT76A)
Long range fuel + aux tank (14.6 Gal)
406 ELT
Gross weight increase
Annual due Aug 2012
Same owner last 11 years
Asking: $34,450

If interested, you can contact me through this board, but you can also "go to the source" and call the husband (his name is Paul): at 907-677-6055, or paul@paulcolor.com.

We're based in Anchorage, but if you're somewhere in a western state (like WA, OR, CA, NV), I can maybe fly to you sometime in early August.

Picture here:
http://beetlejuiceadventure.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/l1000105.jpg
(Couldn't figure out how to make the picture not enormous! Anyone know how to "size" an image on this thing?)
It makes no real sense to get rid of it, you always need 2 planes anyway;) The 150/150 was my favorite trainer of those from PP because it would out climb all the rest and you didn't waste a bunch of time climbing back between loss maneuvers.

if it had a towhook it could be almost the perfect 150!

if it had a towhook it could be almost the perfect 150!

The place I rented one from had a hook on it and also used it for banner towing ops. They pull gliders in Germany I know. Will Tony end up owning an engine? Since it's already ruggedized, would you say land out in a nice field when the lift stopped and have Leah come take you home under tow?

no i'm not in a position to buy a plane. i can think of about 6 or 8 towplanes within an hours drive from here that i could probably get a pull from if I needed one. My flying club is too cheap to justify owning anything for the occasionaly travel we do via Cessna.

Never even realized a combination like this existed... at what speed does a 150HP 150 cruise? useful load? (with all that fuel onboard and the bigger engine, can you even fit two people)

Last edited:
Never even realized a combination like this existed... at what speed does a 150HP 150 cruise? useful load? (with all that fuel onboard and the bigger engine, can you even fit two people)

At full throttle, she can go maybe 105. I've been flying in "super economy cruise", which is 2100 or 2200 RPM and about 85 knots. Normal cruise could be anywhere in the middle.

Useful load is 550ish. So yes, you can put two people in, but not at the same time as all your gear, and full fuel!

--K

At full throttle, she can go maybe 105. I've been flying in "super economy cruise", which is 2100 or 2200 RPM and about 85 knots. Normal cruise could be anywhere in the middle.

Useful load is 550ish. So yes, you can put two people in, but not at the same time as all your gear, and full fuel!

--K

You gonna put the 210hp IO 360 in the 172?;)

I've towed banners and gliders with 150-150's. It makes a great airplane.

Love your 150. Interesting to hear about your travels in the C150 and the perspective from a woman's standpoint on the new C172? Made me smile reading it.
:goofy:

Back