For Rent - In Florida Keys - Park Your Plane In Front Yard

EdistoRiverMan

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
EdistoRiverMan
Hello all. Long time lurker here. I have a recently renovated 3 Bedroom Home in the Lower Florida Keys (MM24) for rent on VRBO. It is on a 2,550 ft. paved runway (FD51) and is close to Key West. Landing license included with rental! For more information please see https://www.vrbo.com/1042353

Last edited:
Man, I'm planning a trip to the keys in a month or 2, this would be perfect. Unfortunately I can't get that much time off to make it worth it. It's a great property with a killer price though.

does that little center console in the pics come with the rental? can you walk from the strip to the house with stuff?

Is the minimum rental period listed correctly as 28 days?

Is the minimum rental period listed correctly as 28 days?
I'm sure it is. Most communities in the keys don't allow short term rental of homes.

I'm sure it is. Most communities in the keys don't allow short term rental of homes.
It's community by community. Some of the keys have these restrictions. In other places (Colony Key Beach, just north of Marathon) has all sorts of weekly and every daily rentals.

Nice place at a good price. I dream of parking the plane in the front yard, come and go as you please. I wonder if 2 or 3 couples could rent for a month each taking a different week.

Nice place at a good price. I dream of parking the plane in the front yard, come and go as you please. I wonder if 2 or 3 couples could rent for a month each taking a different week.

Yes...that would be possible. I will gladly work with you to make it happen.

It's community by community. Some of the keys have these restrictions. In other places (Colony Key Beach, just north of Marathon) has all sorts of weekly and every daily rentals.
You are correct. Our covenants only allow for a minimum of 28 days. Sorry :(

Last edited:
Yes...that would be possible. I will gladly work with you to make it happen.
I would love to do something like that. My problem is distance. It would take me 44 hours flying to get there and a 44 hour flight to return home. That would be close to $5500 in fuel round trip. I hope to take time after retiring to indulge in my hobby of flying and do some serious cross country flying...:)

does that little center console in the pics come with the rental? can you walk from the strip to the house with stuff?

Yes, within walking distance. Just watch out for your wingtip when you come out the front door :rolleyes: And no, boat is not included. I can put you in touch with a watersports company if you are interested. There are many around.

I would love to do something like that. My problem is distance. It would take me 44 hours flying to get there and a 44 hour flight to return home. That would be close to $5500 in fuel round trip. I hope to take time after retiring to indulge in my hobby of flying and do some serious cross country flying...:)

Tell you what. Why don't you grab a commercial flight. It would be cheaper, quicker, and I'll toss in the money for the landing license to help pay for your ticket since you won't need it.

I'd be up for taking a week. July or August preferred...

Tell you what. Why don't you grab a commercial flight. It would be cheaper, quicker, and I'll toss in the money for the landing license to help pay for your ticket since you won't need it.
Would love to take you up on your offer. Only get out of AK once a year. This year I hope it's Reno Air Race and Hawaii..:)

Nice Place, will keep it in mind for my next trip to the keys...

Back