For programmers...

A professor of mine floated a story about a guy at TI who could debug octal dumps over the phone.

My dumps are most definitely not octal and so far they haven't required debugging (although I did have a 'scope stuck^H^H^H^H^H nevermind).

I suppose if someone had an octal dump then over the phone may be the best way to approach the situation...maybe they just need coffee...

Oh lord. The final draft of the project plan just came out and it says, and I quote:

"2. Nate will coordinate with Operations and get a couple of testes."

Hmmm. I didn't even know they had any to give!!!
Grow a pair Nate. You've been told.

For some reason, this thread is making me really glad I never did anything more than dabble in coding!

Grow a pair Nate. You've been told.

Heh. I handed in my resignation the next day. That good enough? ;)

(Wasn't related to the typo in the document, but partially related to the utter lack of common sense that required the document to be written in the first place, perhaps!)

Off to go play at a tiny shop again where I can work without ten lbs of paperwork to make a DNS change.

Heh. I handed in my resignation the next day. That good enough? ;)

(Wasn't related to the typo in the document, but partially related to the utter lack of common sense that required the document to be written in the first place, perhaps!)

Off to go play at a tiny shop again where I can work without ten lbs of paperwork to make a DNS change.

Congrats on the new gig!

Back