For my girlfriend

U

undisclosed

My girlfriend is wanting to get her 1st class medical. She is worried about it however, as she is 43 and takes medication for her under active thyroid. I looked briefly on an airline pilot forum, and most say it wouldn't be an issue. There were a couple however that said they needed a waiver.
Would getting a first class be difficult for her?

Is there a particular reason she wants a first class?

She's looking to get a first class because she's considering a career change, and likes the idea of becoming an ATP (eventually). That is pretty far off in the distance though.

I'm unsure of what medication she's on. Are there any that are blackballed right from the get-go?

Thanks!

If it's for an underactive thyroid she's on either synthroid +/- cytomel or armour thyroid extract, both of which are permissible.

She's looking to get a first class because she's considering a career change, and likes the idea of becoming an ATP (eventually). That is pretty far off in the distance though.

I'm unsure of what medication she's on. Are there any that are blackballed right from the get-go?

Thanks!

Have her look into the new requirements for the ATP cert.,could cost a lot to get into a low paying job flying.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back