Football in Detroit Monday - And the Lions are NOT going to lose!!!!!!

- - - and the Patriots aren't doing too badly, at the moment(14-0), in Chicago. Make that 20-0 on a just now recovery of a fumble and on to a TD.

Brady for MVP!

Last edited:
There was talk of playing the game at the new (outdoor) U of MN stadium but I suspect the forecast temps got them looking for an indoor venue. I wonder what they do for the folks who purchased tickets to today's game?

There was talk of playing the game at the new (outdoor) U of MN stadium but I suspect the forecast temps got them looking for an indoor venue. I wonder what they do for the folks who purchased tickets to today's game?

This is what is being done:

ESPN.COM said:
Ticket holders for the game will be admitted and given preferred seating along the 50-yard line, the Vikings said in a statement. Free general admission tickets will be available at the Ford Field box office beginning at 9 a.m. ET. Refunds will also be given to original ticket holders.

And why they didn't use the Gophers' facility:

ESPN.COM said:
The University of Minnesota's TCF Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, about five miles from the Metrodome, was considered briefly as a site for the game, but it was shut down for the winter and would have needed several days to prepare for an NFL game. Removing snow, figuring out how to cram 64,000 Metrodome fans into a 50,000-seat stadium, and the fact that the Giants did not bring any cold-weather gear with them from New York for what would have been a brutally frigid night game combined to make that site problematic.

They are also crediting season ticket holders towards their purchase of tix next year.

Eggman

It's gonna be chilly in MN on Monday night!!! I can't wait. Old-school football. Bring it on!!!

Back