Foot Heat

Jaybird180

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Jaybird180
Whenever I fly with my wife, I tend to seek altitudes that favor smooth air, sometimes to the chagrin of prevailing winds. Since I've given her control over the heat control she tends to over-do it sometimes. It's usually not an issue in cruise for cabin temp but after an hour or so, I definately feel the heat on my left foot (feet resting on rudder pedals).

Is there anything that can be done to redirect the heat output?

The ducts behind the plastic side kick panel might be in poor shape. That is common in many Cessnas.

I just move my feet. If you are cruising they don't need to be on the rudder pedals.

I flew a Warrior II back from the mountains in the winter last year. Had the heat on at 12,000 ft. Literally, the metal plate under the Johnson bar got so hot it began to melt my shoe.

Check the ducting, should blow out in front of the door and cook the back seat passengers, not you.

maldivespilot.jpg

I just move my feet. If you are cruising they don't need to be on the rudder pedals.

I flew a Warrior II back from the mountains in the winter last year. Had the heat on at 12,000 ft. Literally, the metal plate under the Johnson bar got so hot it began to melt my shoe.

BTDT it gets REALLY HOT!

Back