Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flymeariver

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Justin
How far would you fly to try different restaurants? I saw Epic Burger in Chicago on the cooking channel and it has me thinking. Its a 5:35hr flight for me, but hmmm

Good barbecue and Diners, Drive ins and Dives can cost a man a fortune in avgas!

My wife thinks I'm taking her to Chicago for our 18th anniversary. It's really an excuse to get to eat at Shaw's crab shack again!

I regularly fly an hour to an hour and a half for lunch, but in reality it is often more about the destination, like visiting the coast for a couple of hours.

I regularly fly an hour to an hour and a half for lunch, but in reality it is often more about the destination, like visiting the coast for a couple of hours.

Yeah me too. I can eat here. I'm more of a fly to get from point A to B guy myself.

The food is only a bonus,it's about the flight.

I used to have to have to go to KTRI and get the crew car to go to get a Cook Out burger and shake. 113 nm flight, then about 20 minute drive. Now they have opened one in KY close to I39. 99 NM flight and a bike able distance from the airport, though a crew car is available. Positive words from airport locals and being less than an hour flight from a Cook Out is pretty much the only reason I finished my PPL. I'm surprised I don't weigh a ton now.

It's not about the destination, it's the journey.

Yall have some good thoughts. I need to build time for my commercial, so there may be many such journeys in my future.

I used to have to have to go to KTRI and get the crew car to go to get a Cook Out burger and shake. 113 nm flight, then about 20 minute drive. Now they have opened one in KY close to I39. 99 NM flight and a bike able distance from the airport, though a crew car is available. Positive words from airport locals and being less than an hour flight from a Cook Out is pretty much the only reason I finished my PPL. I'm surprised I don't weigh a ton now.

It's not about the destination, it's the journey.

When Cook Out costs $200 per meal, its hard to get fat.

I have some BBQ spots within about 20-45 minutes if i'm just looking for an excuse to fly somewhere. I'll fly a little over an hour to the coast to eat lunch, but that destination is about more than just a good meal.

Back