Fond du Lac Airport (KFLD) closed due to plane crash

That plane torn apart pretty good. People aboard must be really hurt bad if they're being airlifted?

Looks to me , like a Light Sport. Is that a parachute in front of the aircraft ?

Cheers

I have been going to Oshkosh every year since it started, I have seen planes crash at Oshkosh many times, and then you hear about all the accidents coming or going to Oshkosh, when I think about it, it does hit you pretty hard that all these pilots wanted was to have fun and enjoy their dreams,we all need to fly safely and not overload , watch the weather and not push it, fly safe you pilots up there this week.

I hope the people are ok.

It hasn't been a good year.

It hasn't been a good year.

Just did a quick search of the NTSB database last year from Jan 1 to now US only. Last year 125 fatal, this year 109. All accidents last year (US only) 763, this year 680.

I was already to launch this morning for Fond Du Lac. About the same time as this accident.
My check of the weather told me not to go, maybe a good decision .

Is the wing on the CTLS designed to sheer off to help absorb some impact energy?
I hope they pull through.
They said that the pilot asked to return and was cleared to land but witnesses also say that they heard the engine working. No report on why they asked to return.

Just did a quick search of the NTSB database last year from Jan 1 to now US only. Last year 125 fatal, this year 109. All accidents last year (US only) 763, this year 680.
Do you mean last year, as in the whole year? Or last year up to today's date vs. this year?

Do you mean last year, as in the whole year? Or last year up to today's date vs. this year?

Same time period last year Jan 1 2015 - July 28 2015 vs Jan 1 2016 - July 28 2016. Last year was worse in the same time period based on those searches. So to say this is a particularly bad year would not be correct so far it is better than last.

Same time period last year Jan 1 2015 - July 28 2015 vs Jan 1 2016 - July 28 2016. Last year was worse in the same time period based on those searches. So to say this is a particularly bad year would not be correct so far it is better than last.
I think he meant OSH incidents. I can think of 5 including the one who crashed and passed away in Chicago reportedly on his way to OSH.

Back