Follow Only Certain Forums in 'New Posts'?

jnmeade

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Jim Meade
I typically check in daily and click on "new posts". Actually, my interest is in a couple of forums and the other forums not so much.

Is there a way I can get 'new posts' only in forums I prefer to follow and have other forums ignored or not show up? Some setting or selection somewhere?

Otherwise, I see a page or two of posts on topics that aren't the top of my priority and I have to sort through the subject lines individually. And, let's face it, sometimes subject lines could be more explanatory so I may miss a topic in a certain forum I'd like to see but the subject line doesn't catch my eye.

I'd like to be able to select the forums I follow.

TIA

I typically check in daily and click on "new posts". Actually, my interest is in a couple of forums and the other forums not so much.

Is there a way I can get 'new posts' only in forums I prefer to follow and have other forums ignored or not show up? Some setting or selection somewhere?

Otherwise, I see a page or two of posts on topics that aren't the top of my priority and I have to sort through the subject lines individually. And, let's face it, sometimes subject lines could be more explanatory so I may miss a topic in a certain forum I'd like to see but the subject line doesn't catch my eye.

I'd like to be able to select the forums I follow.

TIA

I don’t know how to do that so can’t help you there. But you may miss some stuff that interests you. Lots of stuff gets posted in what would be the ‘wrong’ Forum. Rants about how people drive in Flight Following. Airplane Accidents in Hangar Talk. etc

go into the forum you, uh, don't want to go into, and click 'ignore forum'. that would be where I would start but I'm not sure if that will remove all posts from the 'new posts' view. you can test it ;)

How about this?

1. Open a forum that you're interested in.

2. Click on "Watch Forum" in the upper-right area of the page.

3. In the pop-up that appears, you can choose whether to receive notifications of new threads or new posts in that forum, and whether you want to receive the notifications via the alert icon (which is the little bell-shaped symbol in the upper-right corner) or via email.
It's a different format from the new message list, but at least it seems to accomplish the desired purpose.

Back