Folding Clipboard for Cockpit

rk911

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
rk911
I wanted to share with everyone a product I just purchased. I like to use a standard sized clipboard when I fly XC for airport diagrams, charts, etc. My previous flight bag was large enough to fit my clipboard but I recently changed to a much smaller bag which meant I either had to do without the clipboard or carry it in my hand, neither of which appealed to me. Some say convenience is my middle name so I started looking for a folding clipboard and son of a gun if I didn't find one.

Sold by MDPocket it's made of lightweight aluminum and comes in several colors...mine is silver. It measures roughly 8.75 x 11 (open) and 8.75 x 5.75 x .5 folded and slips nicely into the center pocket of my bag (3rd photo shows the clipboard sticking out of the pocket. That just illustrates where I keep it. The clipboard fits completely within the pocket.)

I purchased it on Amazon for $23.95 plus shipping. A bit pricey but well worth it to me.

I have no connection to the company or to Amazon...just wanted to share my find with everyone.

2016-08-014.jpg

2016-08-015.jpg

2016-08-017.jpg

that's the Lift bag from Flight Outfitters, Mike. I fly mostly LSA, specifically the Cessna 162 Skycatcher. it has a generous cargo area for my larger bag but I also have hours in a Remos G3 which has no cargo space but just barely enough room for the Lift bag. Got tired of moving stuff from the large bag to a small general use bag. Saw the Lift and went for it. A buddy who went to Oshkosh got it for $39...a 60% discount from retail. Even better!

that's the Lift bag from Flight Outfitters, Mike. I fly mostly LSA, specifically the Cessna 162 Skycatcher. it has a generous cargo area for my larger bag but I also have hours in a Remos G3 which has no cargo space but just barely enough room for the Lift bag. Got tired of moving stuff from the large bag to a small general use bag. Saw the Lift and went for it. A buddy who went to Oshkosh got it for $39...a 60% discount from retail. Even better!

That site and their products look great. I have a 1st gen Brightline bag and don't really see a need to switch, but I am intrigued by the Lift bag here as well. Sometimes I feel the Brightline has too many pockets - I like how the Lift bag has pockets within one zipped opening. Bought a seaplane sunset t-shirt because, well, I couldn't resist. :D

That site and their products look great. I have a 1st gen Brightline bag and don't really see a need to switch, but I am intrigued by the Lift bag here as well. Sometimes I feel the Brightline has too many pockets - I like how the Lift bag has pockets within one zipped opening. Bought a seaplane sunset t-shirt because, well, I couldn't resist. :D
the Lift bag has 3-main zippered pockets plus a large non-zippered compartment on each broad side (charts, chart supplement size). on each narrow side of the bag are smaller pockets for pens, flashlights, fuel testers and the like plus one larger pocket for a water bottle, portable radio, etc. The two outer large zippered pockets have smaller storage areas inside them.

I had some extra 3/16" lexan laying around years ago so I cut it to the side I wanted, tore the "clip" from one of those small clipboards and riveted it to the lexan with a couple Velcro straps on the back side. Took about fifteen minutes and still going strong.

I have the Lift bag as well. I keep my headset in its case and it still fits in one of the three compartments. Highly recommend it.

Back