FOI Written Q&A updated database?

gil_mor

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
gil_mor
After I'm done with my IR - I'm going for my commercial and CFI. I want to be done before the end of May:hairraise:

I went through the FAA Aviation Instructor's Handbook. I know that the FOI Written changed quite a bit.
I'm wondering who has the most up to date database? ASA? American Flyers?

What did you use, and what would you recommend?

After I'm done with my IR - I'm going for my commercial and CFI. I want to be done before the end of May:hairraise:

I went through the FAA Aviation Instructor's Handbook. I know that the FOI Written changed quite a bit.

FAA-H-8093-9A "Aviation Instructor's Handbook"
Free on FAA website, all 228 pages.

Supplement for Flight and Ground Instructors (all the graphics)
FAA-CT-8080-5E

Also, you can go to Gleim's website and get the updates.
http://www.gleim.com/support/updates/booklist.php?secID=24

SheppardAir maintains an up-to-date database and offers updates whenever they are available for download 24/7. Their software does require a subscription.

SheppardAir maintains an up-to-date database and offers updates whenever they are available for download 24/7. Their software does require a subscription.

I used Sheppard...great program. I let them know I was taking the test and they called with updates a day or so before. I bought they year long CFI bundle.

I used Sheppard as well and just passed (last week) the FOI and FIA with a 94 and 96 respectively. Their program was up-to-date and easy to use. However, I would also highly suggest becoming very familiar with the Instructor's Handbook as well for the FOI.

Another Sheppard user...Studied for 4 hours and scored a 90%. Best $30 you'll spend in your CFI training.

Consider doing your CFI in an accelerated fashion at a school like Sheble's. It was beneficial for me to get away from life for a couple weeks and do nothing but prepare for it.

Thanks for replaying, looks like Sheppard is the way to go for me.
Right now I'm summing up the Aviation Instructor's Handbook - for my own knowledge/oral. Unfortunately for me - I learn by writing/things down. But once I'm done with that - Sheppard all the way.

Appreciate the help!

Back