FlyteNow

midlifeflyer

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fly
One of the other discussions happened to mention the FlyteNow case. Just as an FYI, on February 1, FlyteNow filed a Petition for Rehearing. This is a procedural device in which a party not satisfied by the decision asks the court to reconsider it, pointing out why the court made a mistake. Sometimes they are filed as a matter of course; other times with a reasonable expectation that a court will actually reconsider it.

As with the most of the other FlyteNow case documents, I have make it publicly available in a FlyteNow Dropbox folder. The direct link to the document is https://db.tt/AlpkY0bT

One of the other discussions happened to mention the FlyteNow case. Just as an FYI, on February 1, FlyteNow filed a Petition for Rehearing. This is a procedural device in which a party not satisfied by the decision asks the court to reconsider it, pointing out why the court made a mistake. Sometimes they are filed as a matter of course; other times with a reasonable expectation that a court will actually reconsider it.

As with the most of the other FlyteNow case documents, I have make it publicly available in a FlyteNow Dropbox folder. The direct link to the document is https://db.tt/AlpkY0bT

Thanks for posting that link. I think FlyteNow has a compelling case, and I hope their petition succeeds.

Thanks for posting that link. I think FlyteNow has a compelling case, and I hope their petition succeeds.

Whether you agree with their premise or not, I can't fathom how their case is compelling. Seems like they're just dumping money overboard in legal fees at this point.

Always worth a try,I thought the country was founded on free enterprise. As the economy changes ,so should the regulations.

Always thought it insane that I had to have a special license just to fly passengers in the airplane I normally fly. Christ, you'd need a limo license to run a carpool if the auto regs were the same.

Whether you agree with their premise or not, I can't fathom how their case is compelling. Seems like they're just dumping money overboard in legal fees at this point.

The business is already dead, spending money on lawyers is about all they have left.

The business is already dead, spending money on lawyers is about all they have left.
As far as I can tell, it's still the Goldwater Institute handling the case. Whether that's pro bono or partial pro bono or discounted I have no idea. I don't know how the Institute works.

The first two issues are specious. You can jump up and down and quibble about how the agency interprets their own regulations but the general rule of law is that for regulations the agency makes them and they are the authority to interpret them. Yeah, sort of goes against the whole idea of checks and balances, but such is the way things work. I don't think the first amendment issue is going anywhere. The issue isn't whether FlyteNow can advertise these flights, but whether the advertising makes the flights illegal.

Wishful thinking. They'd be better off spending their legal fees to buy a few congressmen.

TYou can jump up and down and quibble about how the agency interprets their own regulations but the general rule of law is that for regulations the agency makes them and they are the authority to interpret them. Yeah, sort of goes against the whole idea of checks and balances, but such is the way things work.
And really, that needs to change.

Back