FlyQ EFB and NEXRAD

vcollazo

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Vince
About 1 1/2 yrs ago I received an email from Seattle Avionics that due to a software change FlyQ could no longer depict Nexrad, but that they were working on a fix. I still do not show the ADSB Nexrad depiction though I can get all of the other WX products. Am I doing something wrong, or is this still an ongoing problem with FlyQ? I also have foreflight on my IPad and show the radar data on my IFD, but I prefer to use FlyQ for various reasons.

I have FlyQ and on version 6.0.2. I recall always having the ability to see precip when using the radar layer (both radar and animated). Is that what you are referring to? Here’s a screenshot..
Screenshot 2022-07-20 at 9.40.57 AM.png

Thanks for your reply. I too have version 6.02, but don't get the Nexrad radar depiction. My ADSB source is a Stratux receiver. What is your ADSB source? When my weather source is the internet, I do get the precipitation returns.

Make sure you are using Radar and not the animation. Animation only works with an internet connection

Oh, yes.. misread, but I do get Nexrad from ADSB. My source is the L3 Lynx NGT-9000 transponder. I still have the Stratux from before I upgraded my transponder in 2019, but can't recall if it worked for Nexrad. Next time I fly, I will try it again.

Been a little busy lately, but here is a screenshot using my Stratux as my weather source and Radar layer on..
836F9AE2-AEA4-4EB8-B879-8874B27CC8C4.png

Thanks. I have a backup stratux so I'll try that and see if it works.

Back