FlyQ Deal

gov98

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Gov98
At Seattle Avionics for today they are offering a 2 year subscription for the price of 1. It's a deal on their website in the upper left hand corner, the coupon code is provided by them, so you don't need any special e-mail to get it. I've been using FlyQ for over 2 years now, and have found it to perform well. (I even got my instrument rating while using it as my primary EFB, though I did bring my paper charts, but was not required to use them. If you've been thinking about switching to FlyQ, but were hesitant for the lifetime deal, the two year for one is out there as an option too.

At Seattle Avionics for today they are offering ...
Seattle Avionics has always been very addicted to big discounts. This set of deals is typical for them.

One possible explanation is that they are chronically short of cash. Getting money in the door takes priority over the long term revenue stream.

Another possible explanation is that most of their customers don't stick around very long. For example, a customer getting two years for the price of one might have be one who was unlikely to renew after a year anyway. So giving him two years doesn't cost a lot and it may increase his loyalty to the point where he stays on board for year three. Same story on the lifetime subscription; maybe people buying those are statistically likely to drop their annual subscriptions before the total they pay equals the cost of the special lifetime deal. So ... net gain in revenue.

I have always wondered.

But, regardless, for those who use and like the software these deals are pretty good.

2nd re-up for me. I grabbed a two-for-one IFR subscription two years ago. Fly Q is a great program and they have top notch customer support or requests.

Seattle Avionics has always been very addicted to big discounts. This set of deals is typical for them.

One possible explanation is that they are chronically short of cash. Getting money in the door takes priority over the long term revenue stream.

Another possible explanation is that most of their customers don't stick around very long. For example, a customer getting two years for the price of one might have be one who was unlikely to renew after a year anyway. So giving him two years doesn't cost a lot and it may increase his loyalty to the point where he stays on board for year three. Same story on the lifetime subscription; maybe people buying those are statistically likely to drop their annual subscriptions before the total they pay equals the cost of the special lifetime deal. So ... net gain in revenue.

I have always wondered.

But, regardless, for those who use and like the software these deals are pretty good.

I've understand your perspective completely... I have always been hesitant for the lifetime subscription because I've always wondered if it was my life that was the relevant marker or ... another entity's life. In any event, 2 years ago for 119 (or it might have been 99) I got a two year subscription ifr/vfr. Foreflight was about 120 for one year if I remember and at this point I'm ahead since I've really seen very few features that differentiate the two in a meaningful way for my use of the product. I like this product more than the lifetime product because I feel if I find service lacking one year out I can switch without pain. I think recurring subscriptions help keep companies future customer oriented (a very important thing).

I have always wondered.

Agree, you don't see WingX, Garmin or ForeFlight offer deals like this, says something about their financial standing.

If you haven't tried it,you can't go wrong for the money. Similar to foreflight,and ADSB can be added to the program. Works great on a mini I pad.

Back